New York-Upstate

Longfellows-Saratoga

Is anyone planning a wedding/reception at Longfellows or have you had a recent wedding there?  I'm plannng a June 2013 wedding/reception there and was looking for some insight!

Thanks
Lisa

Re: Longfellows-Saratoga

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_longfellows-saratoga-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:124Discussion:96a82c29-d52a-4eba-8b95-49f8c9a79304Post:3b19c751-50f7-4789-ad37-7eb214ee9608">Re: Longfellows-Saratoga</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just wanted to know likes and dislikes.  I also was kind of curious how seating would be by the pond for ceremony and where the DJ would set up.
    Posted by slckstr1[/QUOTE]

Likes: Both the grounds and the inside of the reception room are gorgeous; they have a wonderful natural look to them. The tree in the middle of the dance floor was my favorite part. Food was good, price was pretty good in comparison to similar venues in the area.

Dislikes: They do two weddings per day, so you get shoehorned into one of two time slots when you book. And the alotted reception time was fairly short. That was the main selling point on the venue we picked instead, was that we could pick our own start time and got an hour more for the reception.

The wedding I went to had an outdoor ceremony, so I haven't seen the type of seating you're talking about firsthand. The DJ was set up close to the entrance of the main reception room, pretty much lined up with the tree in the dance floor but against the wall, if that makes any sense at all.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Thanks!  Very helpful!
  • I'm having my rehearsal dinner there.  My future FIL is PO'ed because there is only one mens room (I think its 2 urinals and 1 stall) and the ladies rooom has something like 2 stalls.  If the restaurant is full with regular diners, plus having a party there with 70 people or so (my rehearsal) and a wedding going on (which there will be one starting at 7pm the night of my rehearsal), there is a potential for there to be a line at the bathroom.

It doesn't bother me.  I ate dinner there when it was quite busy and went to the bathroom and only waited about 3 minutes for a stall.  I guess if you have someone handicapped in your family, you can contact them about having a guest room reserved for the use of the bathroom (that's what our waitress told us).
  • Yeah, its in the loft area.  I would think it would be okay in the 11:30-5 time frame because you won't have the dinner rush.  Do you have people staying there? 
  • Yes.  I believe a few couples are.

• If its anyone you are really close to, you could ask them to allow someone to use their bathroom in case of emergencies if you are concerned.
  • Do you know...is the room the bride and groom stay in, in the same building or is it the other building next door?

• When we checked the place out, we had a hard time figuring out how the space would actually work -- where would the guests sit for the pond-side ceremony, and wouldn't they end up sitting on the dance floor for the reception, or something?  That's a big part of why we didn't pick there, even though we know they have great food (well, that and they have high minimums that we couldn't meet.)

But I'm going to a wedding there in June, so I guess I'll find out for sure then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's in the building next door.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards