Tennessee
Options

honeymoon

Hi! Im coming down to tennessee for my honeymoon (the pigeon forge area) and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on some good places to go, we will be there for a week..Thanks!!

Re: honeymoon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pigeon Forge is a great tourist area.  There are lots of different shows and attractions to go see.  The Black Bear Jamboree Dinner and Show is always nice - you get a nice dinner and entertainment that's clean and fun. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We will def. check that out. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    me and my fiance love that area, we go about twice a year. we love to go to Townsend (in fact, thats where we're getting married). you can float on the creeks with the tubes. you can bring your own, but i suggest renting cause most places have an all day shuttle included. which is very helpful. i know it sounds boring but its really alot of fun to just spend an afternoon there even. but i should warn you its not a still creek, you will have some bumps and bruises. and its nice if you need something cheap to do (about $8-$13, depending on which place you go) cause everything cost so much in pigeon forge. And there is this really good place to eat right on the river when you get hungry, its called wings r us, u don't really have to like wings but they have a ton of different flavor wings and i love there potato chips cause there homemade. and to cool your mouth off after dinner they have some ice cream. if you love to hike like us, cades cove in the mountains has some beautiful trails. they can range from a couple hundred feet to several miles and the senery is always beautiful. some trails will just lead to an old chapel or house but there is one thats 2.5 miles one way that leads to a beautiful waterfall, Abrams falls. We love to hike that one. if you dont like that kinda stuff and wanna stay in Pigeon forge, there is this place called wonder works... its more for kids but its great for letting your inner child out. its just a big museum kinda thing with lots of interactive stuff. we kinda felt stupid for going but had a blast. I love DollyWood. its kind of expensive (about $50 per person) but there are a lot of fun rides and good food, i like the flat bread sandwiches by the train, there like an over loaded chicken fajita. Dolly has a dinner and a show to thats called Dixie Stampede. It's kinda cool, but very popular so tickets go fast. When going down the main hwy there are a ton of go kart tracks, my two favs are the nascar on cause you get an all day pass for all there tracks, most the time you dont spend all day there. i'll go in the afternoon and stay a couple hours. there is also the wild willy, it sits in front of wears valley rd, i think red light #3. we will take just one night and park our car, or you could ride the trolley. and go up and down pigeon forge theres a ton of shops and go kart places. and its the best way to see what there is. Gatlinburg is the same way, we just walk up and down the strip and see what there is. Ripley's has a ton of things to do on the strip. the is a mirror maze that is a lot of fun, but you will never find your way out. but we did manage to find the emergency exit a few times. the aquarium is a beautiful place to see to. there is a museum there that has all the Ripley's believe it or not stuff that is kinda fun. theres a haunted house, i don't really like but i'm a chicken anyway, however my brother throughly enjoyed it, i'm not sure if it was cause of me or the haunted house but he laughed the whole time. :) There is a ride called the Earthquake. i thought it was going to be just another motion theater kind of the but its an actual ride. I know that there are a ton of places that have funnel cakes and you'll want to get one but don't, go for the deep fried oreos, there kinda hard to find on the main strip but they have these little like shopping cul de sacs, you'll find them there with the fresh squeeze lemonade and to our surprise, the are really good, and just as fatting as the funnel cakes. There is a place to golf there called hill billy golf, i love it! you ride a ski lift to the top of a "mountain"/ hill and just make your way down playing golf. most the time it's packed so if you son't feel like waiting in like walk down the strip a little ways and there is another one similar to it. you don't get to ride a ski lift but you go up the hill for the first half of the course and down the next. i can't remember the name but its in a lil shopping cul de sac, on a hill. i know this sounds terrible how i remember it but there is a sex shop called smokie mountain love or something just right down the hill from it. I'm not old enough to drink and i really don't care for it but if your looking for a bar my sister loved craw daddy's. it sits on the main strip and if you eat there, free parking (most restaurant/ bars give you free parking if you eat there). I love the hard rock cafe if you looking for food. i cant leave Gatlinburg w/o on of there chicken pineapple quesadilla. If you go to Gatlinburg during the day, go to Ober Gatlinburg. Its on a hill and you ride a huge tram up there and you get to see all of Gatlinburg, once you get up there you can go skiing but i've never done that. they have ice skating and some shops and there is a wild animal preserve tipe thing where you can see several bears and otters outside and there are plenty more "critter" on the inside. I kinda gave you a lot, i hope some of it help. you'll find plenty of things to do once you get up there, we always find new things and i can't even count the how many times i've been. Oh, if you need directions to townsend from Pigeon Forge, just turn onto wears valley rd, im pretty sure its red light #3, its one of the biggest intersections you see, with a bp on one side and a go kart track on the other. make sure you go down the road that goes beside bp and just keep going, its about 30min and when you come to the end your in Townsend, just turn left and you'll see all the tubing rental places. there is a lot to do and see going down that road. i know there is a cute little farmers market and horse back riding. and a zip line that is huge, i might have chickened out on it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow thank you for taking the time to list all of those places. They sound like so much fun and its nice hearing from someone who has actually been to those places instead of just looking at it in a brochure. It sounds like so much fun and we are def. going to check into those places and im sure we will go to most. Thank you for the resteraunt ideas also its really hard to tell where are good places to go for food when you have never heard of them. And I have never heard of a deep fried oreo!?! sounds like tennessee will be a fun experience. Thank you for responding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards