Tennessee

Chattanooga Hair & Make-up

Any recommendations!?!? Looking for someone who does a fabulous job...red carpet looks, not TN prom queen looks :)

Re: Chattanooga Hair & Make-up

• edited December 2011
    Not sure about make-up but Mandy Pell at the Northgate Mall Regis salon is absolutely incredible! I'm getting married in Florida or else I would be using her for my wedding day hairdo. I'm still having her cut and color it beforehand and if I could drag her along I would!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Heather at "In the Buff" salon on Ringgold Road. She did a great job on my hair and make-up(airbrush) trial. Lots of luck.....
  • edited December 2011
    I highly HIGHLY reccommend Amy Weathers at Hairbenders for your hair. I know you don't want prom queen looks and I only have prom experience, but don't rule her out because of that. She's the only person to ever do an up-do on me that I liked and it looked fantastic. I mean absolutely great. And Larry at MAC in Hamilton place mall is a genuis with makeup. (I don't reccommend the smokey eyes though, for a wedding anyway). He did soft gold colors on me with eyelashes any girl would envy. Anyway, MAC makeup is great and will last all day/night and you'll probably love it so much you'll buy the makeup and the lipstick for touch ups :) These are the people I'm relying on for my wedding-without a doubt.
  • ericaleberleericaleberle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone at Hairbenders will do a great job! They won't let you leave until you feel absolutely beautiful. Voula is my favorite. For makeup, you can use anyone at Hamilton Place. I use Bobbi Brown for events. The minimum purchase is 3 items. You can just show up without an appointment and see if they have time, but it's best to make an appt in advance.
  • autumnlalaautumnlala member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Steven and his lovely coworker (whose name escapes me) from Steven's Salon (518 Cherokee Blvd, Chattanooga, TN 37405-3815, (423) 634-5136).  They packed up the salon and brought it to me at Fall Creek Falls State Park but they have their own fabulous salon in N. Chatt. if you wanted to go there, or I'm sure they would come to your house or the church or wherever.  They were wonderful, fun, and EXTREMELY reasonable.  They did my hair plus 4 bridesmaids and 1 mom, so 6 people total, for $470, and that included a travel charge because my venue was about an hour outside Chattanooga.  No one else I got quotes from in Chatt. was even close to that price.  Steven is my regular hair guy so he even did a practice run without charge (I think normally he would charge $50?).  Plus, they arrived early and we just super professional and calm, I loved having them around.  Oh, and none of us had up-dos except me and I had a low side ponytail (you can see it in my pic in my siggy).  My sisters and mom loved their hair, basically their own styles but better.  If you send me your email I'm happy to send you some photos if you'd like  :)  I'm at autumn witt at gmail dot com (no spaces).
    Married May 9, 2009, Fall Creek Falls State Park, Tennessee Male factor infertility, BFP after two failed IUIs and one IVF image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I am still in the planning stages, but I have a friend of a friend who swears by Angela R in Chattanooga. I am going to schedule a trial with her soon to see. She did a wedding in Gatlinburg for the girl I know and they were happy with her. She travels and is fairly inexpensive compared to other makeup artists.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards