Tennessee
Options

DJ Rick Ryan in Tennessee

Anyone know anything good/bad about Rick Ryan? I'm not sure exactly where he is in TN, but I'm in Birmingham, AL and I've been talking to him about DJ-ing our wedding. He seems good, and I like what he has to say so far, I'm just a little skittish about booking someone I won't meet beforehand. TIA!

Re: DJ Rick Ryan in Tennessee

• Options
    wallace101610wallace101610 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i googled him. is it the one that does live performance and dj?
    Photobucket image
    Crystal and Shawn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He's on FaceBook, and has two videos you can watch and listen to. Looks like a great person to have. There's also lots more info on fb. Hope this helps you out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, he's the one who does live and dj performances. Might be kind of cool. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    he actually does look good. my only worry is how cheezy would all of that be?but that is always my worry, and prob why i dont have a dj...loli like the live music part though.i wish he had videos of himself, not the guest dancing...they wont be at my wedding?!wha tdid he quote you? good luck!
    Photobucket image
    Crystal and Shawn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think some of that could be cheesy, too...I already told him I have no use for a fog machine or a bubble machine! I could care less about the text song requests, although FI likes it. I do like that he said he offered uplighting at no additional charge and a projector screen/photo slideshow or monogram display was built into the cost already. The initial quote was $600 for 4 hours (based on an auto reply from the site), so I asked what he would charge for 6 hours, but he said he's really there as long as we need him, so 6 hours wasn't a problem and it'd still be $600. It sounds like a lot for the money. I hope.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    did you book him?
    Photobucket image
    Crystal and Shawn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, I haven't booked him yet, but I think we're seriously contemplating it. So far we've only talked via email, but I'm going to call him tomorrow so we can discuss details, and maybe I can get a feel for his personality.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    let me know what you think, i may book him too.....im still looking, but not finding much!whens your wedding?
    Photobucket image
    Crystal and Shawn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wallace, I talked to him yesterday and he seemed like a really nice guy who knew what he was talking about. I think we'll be booking him shortly. I feel pretty comfortable with it, and he has a lot to offer. We're getting married May 15, 2010 - what about you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    10/16/10.i am still debating on him. there is a dj, all the right grooves in charlotte nc that doesnt charge much for travel, and the deposit is only $50 that gets all of the the recs from the nc board. i am close to the nc line so i check their board a lot because this one is so dead! anyways i am thinking of using them, at least 10 of the girls on that board have used them and love them! they have prices listed on their website too. check them out! i still want a band :(LOLso torn!
    Photobucket image
    Crystal and Shawn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know, a band would have been awesome! I actually booked Rick last night. I felt pretty comfortable after talking w/ him, so I hope all goes well!! (fingers crossed haha) On a side note, I'm originally from Charlotte. Not that it helps you any, but just thought I'd throw that out there. I say, if they don't charge much for travel and have gotten good knottie reviews, go for it. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What did Rick charge to book? I hope it goes well! I am still really debating getting him myself. I like the live thing, and he seems like a nice guy.It's the hardest part, I swear. LOL
    Photobucket image
    Crystal and Shawn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He only charged 50% to book - so $300. Or you have the option to pay all upfront, but there's really no incentive to do it all at once, so we only paid half.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards