Tennessee

Venue & process help~Elizabethton, Tri-Cities, Carter County

Hi All! My fiance and I are planning a small wedding for April 2010. We are unfamiliar with nice, pretty, inexpensive locations/venues for weddings. I would love to have something with a Gazebo, if anyone knows of anything. We are willing to consider all areas, we live in Roan Mountain but travel all over. We aren't affiliated with a particular church, so I was also wondering if we happened across a cute little country church..would it be possible for us to get married there? Or would we have to be members?Also, since I'm keeping the wedding small (we don't have a big budget and we don't want a lot of fuss) I was wondering how to handle the "procession". The only bridal party members are my fiance & myself (obviously, lol) and my sister (Maid of Honor) and his best friend (Best Man). So I was looking for ideas on how to walk to the alter..I didn't just want to walk in and go straight there. I'm also unsure as to whether my father will walk me or..not. So, any ideas would be appreciated!Thanks to all who reply & good luck in your own endeavors!

Re: Venue & process help~Elizabethton, Tri-Cities, Carter County

• edited December 2011
    Check on some of the chapels in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. Some are really nice, and most ALL of them have gazebos! The prices vary, and there are several other posts on here about which ones are the nicest, how they are decorated, etc. I looked at one called Angels View that has a floor to ceiling window you marry in front of, with a breath taking view of the mountains. Again, they have packages in all price ranges. There wouldn't be such a long walk, and you could walk in together, up to the officiant, or just the "normal" way! Just wish I could find something like it here in Nashville, that I could also afford! lol Good Luck!
  • ericaleberleericaleberle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Gordon Lee Mill in Chickamauga has a gazebo. I think that the Georgia winery in Ringgold may have a gazebo, too. The River Inn at the bottom of Signal Mountain in Chattanooga has a beautiful deck that overlooks the river. My cousin got married in a church he wasn't a member of...so I think you just have to ask the particular church. They usually just require a donation.
  • edited December 2011
    I was looking for cheap wedding sites and came across this site. Look at the bottom of the list for wedding locations but I know I saw one with a Gazeboo. http://blogs.tennessean.com/cheap/faqs/
  • eastTNbrideeastTNbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a gazebo in Jonesborough. There's also the VA in Johnson City that has a big gazebo. Everyone's definition of inexpensive is different, so it's hard to judge that. I can give you tons of Tri-Cities ideas though. As for the churches, it all depends on the church. Some will not hold weddings for non-members, some will but charge a fee. You just have to ask. There are thousands of churches in the Tri-Cities. I don't really have any ideas for the procession. I only had two BMs and the guys walked in from the front, then each BM went in by themselves, then I came in with my dad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards