Tennessee
Options

Why are wedding photographers so expensive?

Even after looking through all the posts of local, "reasonable" photographers, I have yet to find one that's within my budget. I'm ready to give up.

Re: Why are wedding photographers so expensive?

• Options
    opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What are you hoping to spend? My photographer (Erick Thompson) is fairly inexpensive. If his prices are still too high, you might ask if you could negotiate the price down in exchange for fewer hours of coverage, or you could look into hiring an art student from a nearby university. Hang in there, you'll find someone.
  • Options
    wallace101610wallace101610 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you? I know of a few in the tricities that my friends have used. My photographer is Eric Mccarty, but I wouldn't call him low budget....he has smaller packages, but you don't get much.
    Photobucket image
    Crystal and Shawn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Under 1500 and for the entire wedding and reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know where you're located, but we used amber at amber rhodes-lapoint photography.  She's in memphis and really reasonable..though I think her pricing is about to go up.  http://blog.ambertakesphotos.com
  • Options
    opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erick's most expensive package is $950. It's a bargain because you get to do your own printing (I'm using shutterfly, since they print on archival quality paper).[url]photographybyerick.com[/url]He also has a couple of youtube demos; search for photographybyerick.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The wedding is in Cleveland, TN. (20 minutes from Chattanooga). Thanks for your help, ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've e-mailed Erick. His prices are extraordinarily reasonable. Thanks! -- Hopefully he's free on the day of our wedding. :-)
  • Options
    aknjaknj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Weddings start at $150. I have $25 discount card if you mention my referral. Not sure on her traveling from Nashville but i'm sure she would be willing to work something out. Anna Hodges 615 351 2340 She has just posted my 10-10 wedding on her blogspt www.anna-photography.blogspot.com She was great! Good luck!
  • Options
    gammonmegammonme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is Brian Shakley (http://brianshakley.com/) based in Chattanooga.  He is far less expensive than any of the other photographers I interviewed.  We just did our engagement photo shoot with him and he did a phenomenal job - very artistic and photojournalistic, nothing cookie-cutter looking.  He's young and fairly new, and definitely wants more reps under his belt so he might be more willing to work with you on price than anyone else.  I'd definitely give him a call or email him!

~Morgan
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards