Tennessee

Sunsphere Reception

Has anyone had, or is having their reception at the Sunsphere in Knoxville. I'm looking for some first hand info on available space, food quality, and overall assistance from the staff. Also, if you've been to a reception at the Sunsphere I'd also love to hear some thoughts!

Re: Sunsphere Reception

• kurlyeeannkurlyeeann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes there's a TN knottie on here who had her reception in the sunsphere.  Page moviesprincess and she can you give you some insight :)
  • edited December 2011
    I had my reception there last October. I loved it! Our guests thought it was so cool to be up there and we had the reception while the sun was setting. Not sure what info you need but I will tell you about what we had. We probably had about 175 people, and that was quite comfortable. I am not sure I would like to go much bigger than that, even though we had 200 as our higher head count. We did a buffet of heavy hors d'oeuvres and they were okay. Nothing fantastic that blew me away but also, I was so busy I barely ate. We did an open bar of beer, wine, and soft drinks and had some problems with this. The bartender was very rude to our guests and we are pretty sure that she was screwing us over counting the drinks (they imformed us that they let her go afterwards). In the end they tried to charge us a lot more than we knew we had spent and the customer service from one person was very rude. However, everyone else was fantasic!!!! The rest of the staff could not have been nicer and the two coordinators I met with were so helpful and friendly. They were very apologetic about the bartender situation.  

I hope that helped! If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.
    I heart Ben!!
    October 11, 2008
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Trusty Gal blog|Trusty Tales
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards