Tennessee
Options

Engagement Shoots!

I have my photographer but I need to know of some places in the Nashville area to take some engagement shots!  indoor or outdoor!  its getting pretty cold and my fiance thinks the outdoor pics are going to be tacky because the leaves have already fallen.... i keep trying to tell him we can do whatever WE WANT because its OUR wedding!!!!  I want some fun and unique places to go..... maybe a record shop or ice cream shop..... idk... someone help me!

Re: Engagement Shoots!

• Options
    JMAsh1078JMAsh1078 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some more interesting places you could go for pics would be Printer's Alley, Nashville Arcade (not the kind with games..its a really awesome indoor/outdoor market place with lots of little shops-make sure to get a bag of the peanuts or a soft serve cone if you go).  There is also the 5th Avenue Art District, War Memorial, The Parthenon, Noshville(super good food), and I guess if you wanted to be silly/cute you could always go to Adventure Science Center.  I would also look into Opryland Hotel, depending on when you are having your pics done, they have their Christmas stuff up and its gorgeous. 
    If you decided to do more "nature" type, I would look into Riverfront Park or Cheekwood. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CERULEAN1217CERULEAN1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know what's silly?  i work on 6th avenue and completely did not think of those places.... and they are right in my backdoor.... probably won't be doing the war memorial since the occupy nashville peeps are there... but the others are fabulous ideas!!! thanks!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used to work for a Senator so I got pretty familiar with that area, though Printer's Alley at night I usually stayed away from! HA yeah I didn't think about the OWS people being there..boo.  Are you all going to get married close to downtown or doing your reception there too?

• Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_tennessee_engagement-shoots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:125Discussion:1bc451a2-9b65-4e61-a1ad-ce67aa410484Post:092902d9-cfbb-47ef-b0ea-c58346e27cbb">Re: Engagement Shoots!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know what's silly?  i work on 6th avenue and completely did not think of those places.... and they are right in my backdoor.... probably won't be doing the war memorial since the occupy nashville peeps are there... but the others are fabulous ideas!!! thanks!
    Posted by CERULEAN1217[/QUOTE]

Occupy is only taking up one corner of the plaza behind one of the fountains. The War Memorial does not have protesters in it. Also, the protesters are very nice and respectful, so if you wanted to get a certain picture, you can just ask. There are people walking around with signs that say 'Vibes' around their necks -- talk to them and they'll spread the word that you need parts of the plaza.

• Options
    CERULEAN1217CERULEAN1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are getting married at the hermitage, historic home of andrew jackson at the tulip grove mansion. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_tennessee_engagement-shoots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:125Discussion:1bc451a2-9b65-4e61-a1ad-ce67aa410484Post:116d1825-832f-4c7f-a797-30f246470b97">Re: Engagement Shoots!</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are getting married at the hermitage, historic home of andrew jackson at the tulip grove mansion. 
    Posted by CERULEAN1217[/QUOTE]

Love the Hermitage! Hey you could always do some engagement pics there!
  • Options
    These are really good ideas! I am newly engaged and need to get our pics done in Nashville too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards