Tennessee

what to do in gatlinburg/pigeon forge?

Ill be there in 2 weeks for my honeymoon. we are already doing dollywood, dixie stampede and maybe the waterpark associated with dollywood. any other ideas? I know that strip has many choices of things to do... anything else close by that is really worth it?

thanks in advance :)

~Michelle

Re: what to do in gatlinburg/pigeon forge?

• leogirl13leogirl13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The whole place is a tourist trap. That being said The aquarium is pretty nice and they have a ticket that you can buy that allows you into multiple Ripley attractions. If you are into that type of thing it's worth it.

Deffenately tour the state park. There are lots of old cabins, churches, graveyards, wildlife, ect to see.
    Depending on how long your stay is you might want to go into Knoxville or to Ashville.
  • eastTNbrideeastTNbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's plenty to do, from miniature golf, the movie theater, dining, outet shopping, Old Tyme photos, hiking and exploring the National Park, etc. The Aquarium in Gatlinburg is definitely worth it if you have any interest at all or fastination with animals. The new Titanic museum is supposed to be neat. I've not checked it out yet though.
  • edited December 2011
    white water rafting, horseback riding, zip line, helicopter tours, racecar track, hiking in the mountains, motor trail, tubing, shopping!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards