Tennessee
Options

Smoky Mountain in April

Hi ladies--

I don't live in TN, but my FI and I are thinking about going to Smoky Mountain for our honeymoon. We just wanted a place that's less tourist-ish and can just relax. We are planning to rent a cabin. Even if I don't really want to do anything, I'd hope there is at least something to do. So I looked at some web sites, but couldn't find many things to do other than hiking, which I'm not such a fan of. I mean I will go for a stroll, but I don't want to get all sweaty, etc. What are some things to do near Smoky Mountain? Thanks for your comments in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Smoky Mountain in April

• Options
    leogirl13leogirl13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    The whole area is pretty touristy but it can be a lot of fun. Some great things to do are:

Cade's Cove- This is a wonderful part of the state park, even more so if you don't like to hike, you can drive or bike though. You can stop and see the homes, chruches, and the mill of the first settlers of the area. There is usually lots of wildlife including and not limited to deer, rabbits, squrrels, raccoons, a large veriety of birds and black bears.  It's a great place to pic-nic and to spend a few hours. They also offer horse back riding if your interested.

Titanic Museum- This is actually a lot of fun. You get a character sheet as you go in and you get to follow along with their jouney on the titanic. There are replica 1st, 2nd, and 3rd classes along with the grand staircase and wheelhouse. There are interactive exibits and well as lots of artifacts from the ship. Word of warning: take a jacket if you are prone to being cold.

Ripley's Aquarium- Lots of things to see and do! I love the penguins. Plus they offer tickets so that you can visit more than one Ripley's attraction at a discounted price if you want.

Dollywood- Lots of rides, shows, concerts, crafts, and food. It's really worth going. It's a small park so you don't have to spend all day at it. It's very clean and can be very entertaining.

There is shopping and resturants all around. Really if you can think it you can do it.There is a ton of stuff. It's also a short drive into Knoxville where there are lots of museums, fine dining, shopping, a wonderful zoo, a botanical garden, river boats, night clubs, and theaters.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_tennessee_smoky-mountain-in-april?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:125Discussion:38e999c3-4efe-4bc4-83a6-b00da31b800bPost:3069a22f-9993-48a9-a595-2161b4d1e9a9">Smoky Mountain in April</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies-- I don't live in TN, but my FI and I are thinking about going to Smoky Mountain for our honeymoon. We just wanted a place that's less tourist-ish and can just relax. We are planning to rent a cabin. Even if I don't really want to do anything, I'd hope there is at least something to do. So I looked at some web sites, but couldn't find many things to do other than hiking, which I'm not such a fan of. I mean I will go for a stroll, but I don't want to get all sweaty, etc. What are some things to do near Smoky Mountain? Thanks for your comments in advance!
    Posted by minko1986[/QUOTE]
    There is SOOO much to do here.  It is touristy though.  If you want to hang out and not be bothered stay in your cabin or find a quiet trail.  If you feel the need to do something there is an endless supply of things to do.  My recommendations... Cades Cove, Clingmans Dome for a sunset, Dollywood, a waterfall hike (one next to the Sugarland visitor center is super easy), picnic, minigolf, horseback riding...so many choices.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    It is late, but thank you for your recommendations! I'm glad I posted on this board - web-sites didn't really tell me much. Thank you so much!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards