Tennessee

Hyphenating your last name

Hey ya'll,

I was wondering if anyone else has thought of or is hyphenating thier last name? I am thinking about it. And just would like some opinions.

Thanks

Re: Hyphenating your last name

• edited December 2011
    I think it's totally up to you! If that's how you want to be called for the rest of your life, go for it!  Personally I'm dropping my maiden name all together and keeping my middle name and then new last name.  
  • edited December 2011
    I hyphenated my name for my last marriage, and it was a big pain to drop it all. And it was clumsy to sign whenever I had to do anything legal.

I'm actually approaching my 3rd marriage, and I have decided to keep my maiden name. I had planned to do that for my 2nd marriage, but he pouted and I gave in.....hmmm, wonder why we got divorced??? Anyway, I have always felt that the other names I took when I married were just not me. I have always felt that my maiden name is the right name, so I'm keeping it. :)
  • TimandMekaTimandMeka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I seriously thought about it.. but my last name is long by itself.  so I am taking on his name, even though I would love to stay a Washington forever. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards