Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

cruise wedding

Hey all,

I just got engaged and the fianc and I were talking about ceremony ideas. Thinking about a wedding on a cruise ship leaving from new york and once the reception and ceremony are over, everyone will have to get off and we would stay on as our honeymoon. Question is, has any one ever done this because I have many questions!

Re: cruise wedding

• [QUOTE]Hey all, I just got engaged and the fianc and I were talking about ceremony ideas. Thinking about a wedding on a cruise ship leaving from new york and once the reception and ceremony are over, everyone will <strong>have to get off</strong> and we would stay on as our honeymoon. Question is, has any one ever done this because I have many questions!
    Posted by Sarahvlismas28[/QUOTE]

<div>You gonna push 'em off the boat or something?  I just know that my great aunt is just the type to go, "Oh!  I'd LOVE to take a cruise!" and would stay the whole time.  Next thing you I know, I would be having dinner with my new husband and my great aunt.  On my honeymoon.  If you're 100% sure you have no great aunts like mine, this could be cool.  Otherwise, I could see some complications.</div>
    "I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you."image
    July 12, 2013
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ideas-for-ceremony-and-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:89479660-b8e0-4040-8d12-c4c3873cdb52Post:e8329a48-3ff4-4fe8-8ce9-b0f5d5feb568">cruise wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey all, I just got engaged and the fianc and I were talking about ceremony ideas. Thinking about a wedding on a cruise ship leaving from new york and once the reception and ceremony are over, everyone will have to get off and we would stay on as our honeymoon. Question is, has any one ever done this because I have many questions!
    Call the cruise lines and see if this is even possible. Some allow non passengers to attend weddings, so don't. IMO if you're going to get married on the boat in NY, where you're from, what the point of having a cruise wedding if you want to "kick guests off" once it's over. Honestly if you really don't want anyone cruising with you get married on land and take the cruise as your HM. The whole point of a cruise wedding is the well... cruise.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ideas-for-ceremony-and-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:89479660-b8e0-4040-8d12-c4c3873cdb52Post:6cce4520-2bac-4fe2-b757-cd50f92ecaf1">Re: cruise wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to cruise wedding : Call the cruise lines and see if this is even possible. Some allow non passengers to attend weddings, so don't. IMO if you're going to get married on the boat in NY, where you're from, what the point of having a cruise wedding if you want to "kick guests off" once it's over. Honestly if you really don't want anyone cruising with you get married on land and take the cruise as your HM. The whole point of a cruise wedding is the well... cruise.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

I agree...I'd look for a cruise line that is wedding-friendly.  (I'm sure all have had weddings take place on board ship or at a port of call, but probably one or more are better than others for weddings.)  If possible, I'd talk to crew members of the ships to see how their weddings work and then proceed accordingly.
  • My SIL got married on a cruise in Boston harbor.  I might be able to answer some of your questions.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ideas-for-ceremony-and-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:89479660-b8e0-4040-8d12-c4c3873cdb52Post:e8329a48-3ff4-4fe8-8ce9-b0f5d5feb568">cruise wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey all, I just got engaged and the fianc and I were talking about ceremony ideas. Thinking about a wedding on a cruise ship leaving from new york and once the reception and ceremony are over, everyone will have to get off and we would stay on as our honeymoon. Question is, has any one ever done this because I have many questions!
    Cruise wedding????? That will be a brilliant idea to celebrate that special day..... The whole <a href="http://www.lejardin.com/weddings-events.php" title="wedding banquet hall" rel="nofollow">wedding banquet hall</a> inside a ship..... wonderful thought. But what with that honeymoon thing? Will that work out? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards