Tennessee

Morristown/Knoxville-area cake person?

Hello ladies,

I'm getting married May of 2012 and we're on a pretty tight budget. Does anyone happen to know a good cake baker whose cakes are fairly inexpensive, but still tasty? Magpies is outside of my budget, just to give an idea. The wedding will be in Morristown, TN, but Knoxville bakers are fine.

Thanks so much! Have a great weekend!

Re: Morristown/Knoxville-area cake person?

• JMAsh1078JMAsh1078 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as Morristown- there is Lakeway Cafe and Bakery and Yummy Cakes.  Knoxville wise, there is The Cake Lady, but her stuff can be somewhat pricey depending on what you are looking for.  VG's Bakery, Cafe 4 are the only others I can think of that I have tried.
    I would check out one of the grocery stores as well, the Kroger Marketplace or Fresh Market, I have had those grocery store cakes and was really impressed.  Way better than I expected and very affordable. 

Good luck!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • leogirl13leogirl13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Food City cakes are really yummy and I've seen really pretty cakes go out of there (used to work there), The Fresh Market, Kroger's, Wal-mart, or The Cup(if you want cup cakes),
  • edited December 2011
    Nancy Goan is wonderful! She makes everything from scratch and they are by far the best cakes I've ever had!  I think she runs around $2.50/slice.  You can find her number in the local phone book 
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, and Nancy is located in Morristown! Sorry I forgot to mention that!
  • We are going with KupKatie's Kupcakes out of Maryville (our wedding will be in Ktown tho). her prices were pretty reasonable from what we've seen (we chose 2 flavors of her mini cupcakes and they were 75 cents and 1.25, i think). But she also does normal cakes too (we are also doing a cutting cake!)
    She's super fun and sweet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards