Tennessee
Options

Venues are OUTRAGEOUS!!! Help!!!

I am gettig married Oct. 20th 2012.  I would love a nice outside wedding that will not cost an arm and a leg.  Where are some nice venues in the Nashville area that are not so expensive?  Cedarwood, and The Fontanel mansion are out of our league budget-wise.  Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venues are OUTRAGEOUS!!! Help!!!

• Options
    msimps14msimps14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ran into the same problem-I wanted an outdoor wedding but all of the venues were outrageous. We ended up chosing Lakeside Resort in Smithville, TN-it's an hour and a half outside of Nashville but we are getting a Sunday wedding for $500 (for both ceremony and reception). A close runner-up was Spring Haven in Hendersonville. They had a ceremony package for $1000 but it had to be on a weekday. Another one we considered was the Cool Springs House in Brentwood-renting the house is cheap because it's in a park but there was no backup plan in case of rain (the inside only holds like 30 people). Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im having the same problem! Our wedding is 11/3/2012 and were looking for an outdoor/barn.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Legacy Farms(Lebanon Tn.) - Several different packages to choose from and it is gorgeous!

Also Samary Plantation(Eagleville Tn) Simply beautiful farm with several outdoor wedding venue sites plus carriage house for reception and they also have guest houses on farm to rent if needed.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been told that you can rent the flower garden at bicentineal park in Nashville for around 50 dollars, it's not going to include the chairs or any thing else you need, but I'm thinking for my ceremony site you can't really get much cheaper or more beautiful!!
  • Options
    srhturner584srhturner584 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how much Carnton Plantation in Franklin is but I didn't see it on the list so I thought I would add it.  Also, Traveller's Rest Planation could be an option.
  • Options
    sbobbitt28sbobbitt28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all of the ideas girls.  This really has been helpful.  I am fairly new to the area so I really appreciate the input :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain.  I cried for two solid weeks while looking for an acceptable venue that wouldn't break us.

Then Vanderbilt's Dyer Observatory landed in my lap.  Only $650 for a daytime wedding (max 75 people) AND the reception can be held there for no added cost.

*****edit******

Here's the link:

http://www.dyer.vanderbilt.edu/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am beginning to think I am really late in the game.  I am planning a late July wedding in nashville.  I haven't looked at locations yet, and now I am freaking out.  I will be new to the area.
  • Options
    sbobbitt28sbobbitt28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am really just thinking about having it at the church I go to and have the reception at either Special Occasions Event Center or Music City Events Center....It is a year away and I know I have a lot of time to prepare, but it is driving me nuts already due to the fact that I want things to turn out good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im not sure how much help this will be, but have you considered one of the public/city parks? In memphis there are many parks that are pretty and FREE. or they are really really cheap. 

also, what about convention or civic centers? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh! and campgrounds. 

Ive found thatplaces that arent traditionally used for weddings are cheap and are really pretty and useable. people just dont think about them...

• Options
    beerladybeerlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having the same problem in Chattanooga. The ones that are reasonable do not include tables or chairs.

We have the same wedding date, BTW!

Good luck with your search.
  • Options
    CERULEAN1217CERULEAN1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using the Hermitage, historic home of Andrew Jackson.... we are using the Tulip Grove Mansion that is only 2000..... and they have another location that is only 2200 and it is for 12 hours on wedding day and you can use the night before fore rehearsal and you get 2 hours of photography time on the property as well.
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_tennessee_venues-outrageous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:125Discussion:59f030fc-8e6d-4859-b871-20f107eaa500Post:f97b8748-15a9-449a-9214-1becccd18376">Re: Venues are OUTRAGEOUS!!! Help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are using the Tulip Grove Mansion that is only 2000..... and they have another location that is only 2200 Posted by CERULEAN1217[/QUOTE]

Wooo, we must have super different opinions about what 'only' is categorized as for prices...

And I don't know about pricing, but to the poster above who wanted a barn/outdoor venue, my company just had a retreat at Smiley Hollow outside of Ridgetop and it was very pleasant. Lots of parking, the barn was nice and my coworkers said that the food was good as well.

• Options
    I will say that fontanel mansion WAS out of our budget at first but I was so in love with it I found some ways to make it work.

First if you join friends of Fontanel then will give you 500 bucks off the rental.
    You can bring in your own liquor (saves hundreds of dollars)
    There are no restrictions on catering - for us that mean HELLO JACKS BBQ!!!
    and finally the space is SO beautiful we don't have to spend much on decor other than my diy centerpieces and some white lights.

That being said I am pretty no frills on everything else - i don't really care about chair covers, or monogrammed napkins or all the little extras that can add up.  Its my DREAM venue so we are finding the way to make it work!
  • Options
    Also check out travellers rest they are pretty flexible too and its a gorgeous barn!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards