Tennessee

Pigeon Forge Eloping!

Hi! Me and my fiancee are from England and are eloping in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee! It is only us that will be there as we plan on road tripping around a little bit afterwards as a pre-honeymoon! 
When we were planning it, it was very exciting but now as the day's getting nearer and booking last minute things im feeling a little bit worried as to what we're actually meant to be doing!!!
Our ceremony is at 2:00pm so im assuming the ceremony and photos may take us through to about 3:30pm but after that what are we meant to do? Will it seem odd just us two rocking up to some random restaurant in town all dressed up? Ideally i want to keep my dress on for more pictures and to enjoy it! Is that all we do for the day? 
Can anyone recommend any romantic really nice restaurants in Pigeon Forge or nearby? 
Thanks!
Louise

Re: Pigeon Forge Eloping!

• leogirl13leogirl13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I don't think it's odd. The area is pretty touristy and a lot of people go there to get married. As for nice/good resturants there isn't a lot. Most resturants are family orenited or run of the mill buffet type food. sadly most of it isn't very good. I've heard good things about Applewood resturant but I haven't been there.

You may also want to expand your trip into nearby Knoxville that has a lot more options as far as food goes. Maybe check out The Melting Pot, Brazeiros, Nama, Bistro at the Bijou, Chesapeake's, Club Leconte, and Rouxbarb.

You may try checking Yelp and reading reviews of resturants in the area.

As for stuff to do, I highly recommend the Titanic museum, Dollywood, The Dixie Stampede(the food is good), down town Gatlinburg, Cade's Cove(they have horseback riding that is a lot of fun), Shopping pretty much anywhere, Tomb, Ripley's Aquarium and other Ripley's attractions (There is a ticket that you can get that allows you to choose to do what you like), and The Forbidden Caverns.

Everything listed has a website so you can look it up.
  • I would suggest driving up to Gatlinburg and eating at The Melting Pot or The Peddler.  Reservations at either of these would be best if you can make a good estimate on time.  Best of luck and congratulations!
  • Thanx guys, we're renting a car for the whole trip so driving out a little further will definitely be an option! I'll check out a few reviews on those places then!
    Thanks for your advice! 
    x
  • I have been to a fine dining restaurant in gatlinburg. It is a hidden away romantic cabin with a great balcony view. I can't remember the name but it might have been greenbrier. Google fine dining in gatlinburg. I also would recommend the peddler too, but mabe not in your wedding dress. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards