Tennessee
Options

Please help us find the ideal venue.

Our private wedding, being a romantic and intimate wedding for two:

We're looking for a beautiful and highly multi-functional Tennessee venue, near Pegion Forge, Gatlinburg or Sevierville - this hopefully being a wedding venue, with all the trimmings, some of those being optional add-ons, as disclosed below.
  • no time limit; or in other words, a hassle-free wedding and recpetion - not a hurry up and get 'em out operation
  • preferably for a garden glen or gazebo wedding site, with an inclement weather contingency plan available, for a sheltered ceremony site, if need be
  • onsite wedding officiate and wedding coordinator, as provided in all package plans - the officiate and wedding consultant or wedding coordinator, being willing to work with the couple to allow the special touches in their ceremony and reception, such as personalized wedding vows, etc.
  • onsite full service photography and videography, with a professional photographer and videographer, dvd, photographs and photo album, provided as an optional service or inclusive service in package plans
  • romantic, horse-drawn, carriage ride, provided as an optional service or inclusive service in package plans
  • private. crystal, linen, candlelight dinner reception, preferably with menu and location option as to whether it's to be indoors or out of doors, as provided as an optional service or inclusive service in package plans
  • ceremony music, violin music and/or music of our own choosing for the wedding and/or reception, provided as an optional service or inclusive service in package plans
  • wedding cake, decorated toasting flutes and bridal bouquet, provided as an optional service or inclusive service in package plans
  • Alcohol beverages, such as champagne, optional at the reception, to include beverages provided by the couple
  • initial honeymoon accommodations with all the amenities, to be included as an option, at a reasonable rate
Any suggestion?
(We'd especially be interested in hearing from couples, who have already taken their trip down the aisle.)
All our best to you other couples out there, as we hope your wedding event is just as lovely as we hope ours to be. Many happy blessings and a here's wishing you a very blissful future together. ~ JnT Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Please help us find the ideal venue.

• Options
    opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! Unfortunately, I don't know the Gatlinburg area well, so I'm not much help there.

I did just want to give you a caution that there's probably no "ideal" venue out there that does all of those things. Many places in the Gatlinburg area specialize in destination weddings, and will manage your ceremony and reception, catering, decor, coordinating, and maybe even photography and video.

I would be very surprised if you found a venue that included music and carriage rides as well. Why? Because wedding venues don't have events frequently enough for these types of vendors to make a good living. However, a good coordinator should be able to help you take the stress out of coordinating any of the services that their venue does not provide. So you can still have everything you want, even if you need to outsource a bit to get it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Still never hurts to ask, and thank you for your suggestions.
    All our best to you other couples out there, as we hope your wedding event is just as lovely as we hope ours to be. Many happy blessings and a here's wishing you a very blissful future together. ~ JnT Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    damront1damront1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Twin Cedar Farm is near the airport in knoxville and they are amazing  they do have the horses and a large venue, but you'd have to outsource some things....Sampson's hollow offers a cord. and such ....just give both a call...I actually help a friend who owns a photography business and she is always raving about them....if you dont have a photographer check her out...www.yourreflections.com.....i'm sure she could refer you to some people and more venues...she does this full time i just hear about it :)
  • Options
    eastTNbrideeastTNbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't think of the name of the place at the moment, but my friend is getting married next month at a chapel behind the Convention Center in Gatlinburg. The reception will actually be in the convention center itself. The price was incredible for what is included and she was saying how helpful they have been in helping her find all the vendors she needs.

I'm not sure what the rules are about alcohol at a reception in Gatlinburg. It is a dry town, so there may be certain permits that have to be obtained.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards