Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ring Bearers

I am having a very casual beach wedding durring the day, i am looking for ideas for the 2 young boys to carry instead of pillows... any ideas???

Re: Ring Bearers

• How about shells? I am referring to the large manufactured ones.. think it'd work great!
  • Shells, sand pails, sand molds (like a plastic fish shape), basket, plastic boat, sand castle decorative piece (you know, like a sand castle that you'd display on a table top).
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • I'm having a casual beach wedding also, and I was thinking of letting the boys carry a giant shell, that I had hot glued a ribbon into, and then tied the rings on that so they don't drop them.

I don't want to stop the ceremony looking for rings in the sand!!
  • melliot (and other beach brides):  usually the RBs carry "symbolic" rings, and not the real ones.  The real ones are safely in the care of the BM or officiant.  And that's not just in beach weddings.  I work in a church, and rarely do the RB's carry the real things.

And when you're on a beach, where rings dropped somewhere in the sand could be a disaster, that's an even better reason to leave the real rings with the grownups.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • A glass box with beach and rings inside, a horseshoe is good luck if you are Irish, maybe look at what is important to both of you or tradition from your heritage and incorporate that into something fun for him to carry.  I am not going to use a pillow either...I am still deciding for sure what I am going to use.
  • thanks everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards