Tennessee

Knoxville Bands vs. DJs vs Do-it-Youself

Hello out there!  I'm having a bit of a music delimma with almost three months to go....does anyone know any good country/bluegrass bands (say four people max) who are experienced at playing receptions in the Knoxville/Maryville area.  I am a little frustrated with finding a band so I'm considering doing the reception with the help of our ipods and laptops (sees like a very popular and easy thing to do depending on who you ask) - has anyone out there done a laptop reception???  My fiance and I are not really interested in hiring a DJ since I've yet to find one in Knoxville that i wasn't overly annoyed with by the end of the evening and I'm not quite sure how many dancers we'd even have in attendance.  HELP!! Any suggestions??

Re: Knoxville Bands vs. DJs vs Do-it-Youself

• kcrocket13kcrocket13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on having a DJ. If you plan on doing an IPOD/Laptop wedding. Make sure there is someone who can control the important songs, ie first dance, daddy/daughter. Also, if you want to be introduced in and the wedding party or if you want to let your guests know when you guys are cutting the cake or leaving, make sure you have someone with a mic designated to do that.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely, i know we need to select someone to man the laptop at the beginning.  I am planning to come into the reception and do the three dances immediately...then just set up the playlists for dinner, etc.  I plan to get a mic as well...although I have a phone call into my site to double check and make sure they don't already have one.  Thanks for the advice.

• opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a laptop reception--we used Meetings Tomorrow (a national vendor) for the equipment.

Like PP said, be very organized about making sure things flow smoothly...I tried to be laid back about this and it ended up being a bit of a mess. Also designate someone to be in charge of getting the thing set up and ready to go at the start. My DH forgot to give anyone our laptop and password, and so there was no music at the start of cocktail hour!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards