Tennessee
Options

Maple Grove Inns- Any experience with them?

I am considering Maple Grove Inn for my summer wedding. Has anyone ever been to a wedding there/ had their wedding there? They seem great, just want to make sure what I see is what I get!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maple Grove Inns- Any experience with them?

• Options
    mwhitson14mwhitson14 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is the Maple Grove Inn?
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    BekkersBekkers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, Knoxville, off Westland. 
  • Options
    AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't have wedding experience there, but I've booked several of my company christmas parties there. IT is a really lovely bed & breakfast with beautiful outdoor spaces. I recommend that you try to book the whole place if you can, otherwise if they have guests, your music has to end (at 10 if i remember right, but check with them).

The staff there is great - they will treat you well and do a good job with the details, imo. 

It worked great for our parties because there were many rooms where people could do their thing. DJ & dancing in one room, bar in one, quiet spots that guests could go talk.

If i were getting married here in town, i think that would be at the top of my list.

• Options
    BekkersBekkers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AdelphiTN, thanks so much! That's really good to know. As per your other answer (which I actually saw first; I hope you're getting this!) I'll have to ask about the music time. That makes sense if they have other guests, but I think our families will book most of it, if not all. We are really only planning on having the reception until about 9:30 anyway. I'm not sure if it'll be too hot even with the tent spaces. Note to self- I should also be sure to ask if we can use the other rooms and porches.  I'm not sure how early to start if we can't use indoors as an option. Because I know mid-day is way too hot, but the early evening will still be sunny. Any recollection of how that went at any parties there? To answer your other question, we are supplying our own alcohol. I think we'll probably jsut to wine and beer (kegs and bottles), since we're on a fairly small budget considering the size of our guest list. We will have a bartender we get from there.
    Thanks for your input! Let me know if you have any other thoughts on this place. I go tomorrow to take the check, so I'm really glad to have your recommendation!
  • Options
    AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ask about bathrooms! Inside the house, there's one available restroom. But there's also a bedroom on the first floor. See if you have to book it to have access to that bathroom. 

I'm thinking the music curfew was like 10, so you're ok on that. I'm not at all sure about tents/heat etc. I like your idea of early evening. the heat of the day is waning, and the onset of evening feels relaxing.

Can't think of anything else, but if i do i'll let you know!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My brother and sister-in-law were married there in '07.  It turned out to be a gorgeous wedding!  It was very nice being able to wake up the morning of the wedding, eat breakfast downstairs and get ready for my new sister's (now my maid of honor!) big day!

A ton of pretty pictures were taken in the drive where all the trees basically make an archway over the road...even if we had to do a ton of re-takes because cars were coming infor the wedding!  I would definitely suggest pictures there, though!  They turned out very well.

Actually looked into going there when I got engaged.  Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards