Tennessee
Options

Smoky Mtn destination wedding!

Hi everyone! I am totally new to the boards so this is my very first post.

We are planning a May 2012 Destination wedding to the smoky mountains.. I need some ideas/tips/btdts! This is the 2nd marriage for both of us and we just want to get away and have a nice simple wedding with our wedding party and closest friends and family present. I'm thinking either a cabin wedding or a chapel wedding with a cabin for the reception. We are 6-7 hours away and I am a full time student so we cant just take off and go down there to check it all out so if anyone has had a wedding down there, or knows some reputable places to start with that would realllly help me out! There are SO many websites for cabin weddings etc but we all know that sometimes the pictures aren't really what it looks like. We would like to try to get down there before the big day but I am trying to finish my Bachelors and will also be taking summer classes so I will literally have NO extra time to be taking a vacation that far away.

So if anyone has a good place to start... I would really appreciate it!!

Re: Smoky Mtn destination wedding!

• Options
    karen3045karen3045 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I am getting married with Above the mist weddings (also on facebook for a peek). They have been very sweet and they have a few locations to pick from. We decided to do a chapel wedding with a solo violinist 12/28/10. I initially booked a room thru the Sidney James Mountian Lodge for 200 for the whole day and night!!! YOu have to get your own food and decorations though. (Above the mist will reccommend you this facility to be booked thru them but they charge more than doing it directly.) Just keep in mind that everything has a price down there and you should look high and low to find what you are looking for at a reasonable fee. Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Getting married at Eagle Rock Camp/ Lodge
    Its beautiful! Overlooking the mountains- wrap around porch- outdoor or indoor- i think its nicer outdoors, because your backdrop is the national forest, but the pictures on the website dont do it justice- Its in Maryville TN or Tallassee TN and Im doing a destination as well. Im from Texas and my FI is from that area. Its a beautiful drive about 15 min. up the mountain to the lodge and it is really breathtaking- let me know if you would like more info. Here are a couple photos of the outdoor chapel and the lodge- only about 100 maybe a bit more could fit at this location!

Hope this helps

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Whooo I'm so excited to hear others are doing the same things as us! We just got engaged Friday but we have been planning the wedding for a couple of weeks. We live in Fort Wayne, Indiana but love to vacation in the Smokey Mountions. Very similar to the original poster we are going to go down for a weekend, take our friends and family and rent a big cabin. We are going to get married on the deck overlooking the mountains and then have a big party. What I love about this is that I can take my favorite people and have a party with them!

I have looked high and low for cabins. We just narrowed down to two cabins and are leaning towards one because of the price. I would recommend narrowing your search down by your preferences so for example how many rooms, do you want tall cielings and windows, do you want a private lodge or in a resort, do want the lodge to have an elevator, do you want to be in a specific town?

Here are a few links to check out: 
    http://www.smokinviewlodge.com/reserve.aspx (my FAVORITE)
    http://www.sugarmaplecabins.com/
    www.bigcabins.com/
    http://www.yourcabin.com/
    http://www.thepreserveresort.com/
    www.cabinfevervacations.com/ 
  • Options
    river1955river1955 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We found the perfect place to get married in the Smokies.  It's small and they work with you and your budget.  Rivergate Inn & Wedding Chapel is perfect.  They do both indoor or outdoor ceremonies and they take FREE yes that's right FREE photos.  All you have to do is bring your own camera.  Their wedding cakes are really inexpensive but oh so delicious.  Plus we get to spend our honeymoon there as they have fabulous honeymoon suites also.  It's in Pigeon Forge right along the river around the corner from the Old Mill and Dollywood.
  • Options
    cgeithmancgeithman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorite locations are Sampson's Hollow, Scatterridge Lodge, and Whitestone Inn.

Have any of you found the alcohol policies at these places to be complicated and expensive?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards