Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

ceremony

I am Christian and my fiance is Catholic. Whose church do you have the ceremony at?
Mark Liegl and Lisa Niziolek

Re: ceremony

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ceremony-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:8a224b04-4f81-413c-ab64-9a6aaeb697b0Post:f6b7cd31-f328-4593-8d3e-f70f0749994c">ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am Christian and my fiance is Catholic. Whose church do you have the ceremony at?
    Posted by ftballfansinluv[/QUOTE]

First of all, Catholics are Christians.  Second, I don't think that this is a question that can be answered by strangers on an internet forum.  This is a decision that the two of you need to come together to make.

Can  the two of you really not make this decision?  Because if not, I'd recommend some counseling to work on your communication and compromise skills.  Because this is nothing compared to the decisions you'll be making once you're married.

If you have children, whose faith will they be raised in just for starters.  GL.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Your FI is a Christian too.  PLEASE remember that.

Beyond that, you two need to decide what type of ceremony the two of you want.  It's generally possible for non-Catholics to marry in a Catholic church but you two may need to discuss with your clergy and yourselves what sort of spiritual life you two want to lead.

• The church you get married in is the church you promise to raise your children in; part of the Catholic wedding ceremony is the vow to raise your children in the Church.  You need to address what role religion will play in your marriage before you figure out where it plays into your wedding.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards