Tennessee

MEMPHIS REHEARSAL DINNER VENUES

HELP!! My fiance and i are trying to find a place that will hold 40- 50. we would like a seperate room (we've looked at some restaurants that were great, but you would just be blocked off in the main area and i want privacy for our dinner for speeches, etc) any ideas or recommendations would be great! thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MEMPHIS REHEARSAL DINNER VENUES

• edited December 2011

I'm not sure what part of Memphis you want to be in, but if you're looking downtown check out Felicia Suzanne's or The Majestic Grille.  They both have private dining areas that can accomodate up to 50 or 75 seated.  I know that Flight can also host a private dinner but I don't know how many they can accomodate.

We choose The Majestic because they have a few different rooms to choose from depending upon the size of your party.  The room we choose has rotating art exhibits and a projector so we can do a slide show, etc  They were also willing to let our guests have the most menu choices.

• laurenfplaurenfp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Majestic is a great choice if looking in downtown Memphis. The Butcher Shop is in Cordova and they have some great options for private rooms and a wonderful menu. If looking near Collierville, Jim's Place Grille has a nice private room.
  • edited December 2011
    before i even read the responses, majestic grill was my first thought...so if you can go for it:) and also the tower room off poplar
    April Siggy Challenge: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Bhan Thai. If you use their catering, they have a super cute house next door that they let you to use for free. It has multiple floors, including a private bar area downstairs for cocktails.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing ours at the Madison, but looked at several places downtown: Texas de Brazil, Spindini (we're having 50-60 and room was too small), Flight, Majestic, Peabody, Itta Bena, Ronnie Grisanti's
  • edited December 2011
    Elfo's in G'town I think has a private room and Butcher Shop is ALWAYS a great place to go!
  • edited December 2011
    If you are up to planning some catering the Dixon has a gorgeous free standing brick building that fits up to 80 people seated.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  My fiance and I wanted to have our reception there, but it could not accommodate the large group of people we have.  The only drawback is that you have to bring in outside caterers, which I guess can also be viewed as leaving room for creativity.  Once you rent the venue you are free to even cook your own food and bring it to the site, and you can bring your own alcohol or get it from the caterer.  It may be a lot of extra planning, but if you're up for the challenge it would be great I think!
  • I would love to hear comments about a rehearsal dinner at the majestic grille, specifically the acoustics in the Mezzanine upstairs. it's open to the downstairs main dining area, so im wondering if it feels private enough. Is it loud? Can you hear the toasts? Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards