Tennessee

Consultants/Planners

Can anyone give any recommendations for a wedding planner/coordinator in the Memphis area?Also, what is a reasonable amount to pay for a planner/consultant to pretty much take care of everything?

Re: Consultants/Planners

• sboundksboundk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I don't have any recommendations on wedding planners/consultants in memphis...I thought I would answer the second part of your post in hopes to help you out.

Typically, a wedding planner charges 10%-15% of your wedding budget.  However, there are some wedding planners that charge by the hour based on what you are requesting and other charge just a flat rate.  If your wedding budget is $20,000 (using an average of what most people spend on a wedding), if they wedding planner does a percentage, you are going to expect to pay somewhere between $2,000 - $3,000.

Furthermore, you do not want to forget that there is usually a tip you may want to include if your planner goes above and beyond the call of duty.

I hope this helps!
  • pinklavenderpinklavender member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. This info is actually a great help.
  • edited December 2011
    Southern Event Planners is great. I am working with them for my wedding. They are just doing my day of planning, but a friend of mine was out of city and getting a wedding together in Memphis and they did everything for her. They did an amazing job and she recommends them to everyone. For her it was around $3000 for every detail. That was 2 yrs ago, so I don't know if their prices have gone up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards