Tennessee
Options

Ceremony Officiant -HELP

So, I've read these boards and all the great ideas for civil union weddings, nondenominational officiants, but I have no clue how to go about finding one. Google search turns up nothing except several from Nashville, Tn and some of the bigger cities...some of them will not travel to the smaller town I'm in. Others will but want to charge you an outrageous fee!! I'm in Clarksville, Tennessee, by the way. I just never knew it would be so hard to find someone. We don't go to church, are different faiths, are both divorced,  so finding a pastor of a church is pretty much out. I would love to have a friend be "ordained" to marry us, but all the research I've done indicates this is not a legal option for Tennessee. <insert sad face here!!>. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look/how to go about finding someone? I do thank you sincerely in advance!!
~Once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale~ Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony Officiant -HELP

• Options
    One of my friends got 'ordained' to marry two of her friends at Bonnaroo... so I'm pretty sure that it is okay in Tennessee.

• Options
    I have several friends that are ordained just for the LOL's. It's ok in TN as long as they have payed for the peice of paper saying that they are ordained.
  • Options
    Look at the officiants listed on weddingwire.com for Nashville. I'm getting married in Smithville (an hour away) and most were willing to travel to Smithville as long as I paid the gas money. Good luck!
  • Options
    You cannot be married by an online "ordained" minister in the State of Tennessee! Check out Ralph Griggs. Excellent officiant with excellent prices, and you create your own ceremony!
    Married since October 16, 2010 Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards