Tennessee

Photograhper gets sued in NC and bride wins bigtime

I was married in Nashville back in Oct. 2010 and everything went perfect. One of my BM's was married in NC back in 2009 and her photographer was horrible. she paid $1,500. for all day coverage and ownership of her images. six months after her wedding she finally received her images and they were let's just say awful. She was so upset she hired an attorney and sued the photograher.

Yesterday my BM called to tell me she won the case and was awarded the $1,500. with an additional $8,000. in wedding day damages. WOW. The photographer stated that he would not pay due to the fact that he is no longer in business, go figure. But the judge ruled the case to be a binding decision and ordered a manditory monthy payment until settled. My BM is so happy but only has wedding images that the family took the day of her wedding.

Some bad vendors feel they can get away with bad service but no longer.

Terrie

Re: Photograhper gets sued in NC and bride wins bigtime

• carolbear2010carolbear2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good for her. I went to a friends wedding in Nashville last year and her photographer was a Nossi school of art photographer she only paid $500. for the day of her wedding and she should sue him as well.

He did not know what he was doing at all. He just seemed lost and did not know what to do next. You do get what you pay for. I'll mention this post to her and have her look into going after him as well.

Thanks for the post.
  • edited December 2011
    OMG, that is terrible. We were married in Nashville earlier this year and our venue required liability insurance for all of our vendors. during the interview process for photographers, all of the photographers stated that they had insurance but only two could actually show us a policy.

Most vendors will tell you anthing to have you sign a contract but only a few can back it up.

If the photographr had liability insurance this would have not gone to court in my opinion.
  • edited December 2011
    In the above post "Bellissima Foto Nashville"

This guy will rob you of precious memories.  He took pictures of our wedding in Kansas City, took our money, and never delivered pictures.  He has done this to numerous couples.  Don't be fooled by his, seemingly, 'fantastic' deals and charming excuses!

You should go after this company as well. The odds are that they out of business and have changed their names. But give it a try. You have nothing to lose. Bad vendors are all over the wedding industry, I always ask for friend recommendations.

Let us know how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards