Tennessee
Options

Nashville area Reception sites - any suggestions?

Hello All and Congratulations!!  We are looking to get married in Nashville and we have been there many times but neither one of us are living there right now.  I am in CA and he is in IL.  Can anyone suggest any reception sites off the beaten path or any hidden gems anyone may know about?  I am looking for ideas that I dont get when I do searches for reception sites in Nashville.  We are looking to have about 100 people or less and want it to be indoors due to the potential for hot humid weather.  Any suggestions you have are welcome!!  Thank you for all of your help!!

Re: Nashville area Reception sites - any suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!  I live here in Nashville and might be able to help you out a bit.  I was married in September and I went through several venues.  What is your dream location and maybe I can suggest some things based on that.  With 100 people, the first place that comes to mind is 111 Broadway.  It has a modern feel to it with an observation deck.  Also, check out http://www.nashvilleeventspace.com/gallery/index.html. Market Street Emporium is really nice and is right on First Ave, which give you a view of the river.  I have not attended an event here, but it is a nice venue.  If you have another vision, just let me know and I will do my best to help.  I also know an AWESOME wedding photographer if you are still looking.  Happy Planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the suggestions!  We are still trying to figure out what kind of setting we want.  I know something not too fancy but right now that is all I have!  When I know more about what i want I will let you know for sure.  I am going to check out those places you suggested and I will check out that website too.  I have seen it before on some searches but I havent checked it out yet.  I would love the name of the photographer!!  Thanks again for the help!  Hey would you mind if I got your name and email address in case I have more questions???  mine is alohababy27@yahoo.com  Thanks!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to just get back to you.  I dropped you an email!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check it CJ's off the Square. It's in historic downtown franklin, just 25 south of Nashville and has both indoor and outdoor options. It's perfect for a small wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget to think about your budget, and where you're having your ceremony. Our ceremony was at Owen Chapel in Brentwood and reception at Brentwood's Hilton Suites. We had 80 guests and used the open atrium for our buffet (breakfast!) and seating. We used their ballroom for live music and dancing with a few tables for people to sit/put drinks down. We used the office room next door to the ballroom for a room with a photo booth type setup. The hotel gave us free shuttles to bring guests to/from Owen Chapel, since the church doesn't have much parking.

If you want more downtown Nashville, also check out Nashville City Club. Gorgous views of the city, especially at night. Upscale feel.

There are the Union Station Hotel and The Hermitage Hotel if you want elegance. They are absolutely gorgeous for weddings.

Also, The Country Music Hall of Fame. And the Schermerhorn (Nashville Symphony Center).

If you want any other suggestions, I'm happy to think of more. My email is adrienne at chrisandadriennescott dot com.

Have fun planning!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and you should check out Ashley's Bride Guide. She's a local Nashivlle blogger and always has awesome ideas and is very helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the suggestions!  I will probably email you for more ideas once I have more of an idea of what i want.  I am still trying to figure all of this out!  :0))  I do love your suggestions and I am going to check them out and see what they look like.  I do look at Union Station and the Hermitage Hotel and they were beautiful.  Thanks again for your suggestions and help!  :0)  ~Crystal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards