Tennessee

Wedding Wishes

I really have my heart set on getting married outside in October 2011. But I can't find anywhere in Knoxville to do it. Any suggestions? I really hate the idea of getting married in Pigeon forge or Gatlinburg in any chapels. If you live in Tn your whole life it just doesnt seem as appealing.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wedding Wishes

• edited December 2011
    Check out Sterchi Mansion, it is an outdoor venue and is a large old Southern style mansion. They do have a no alcohol policy, I noticed that when looking into it, so that might not be something you want. Dara's Garden is in Maryville, but it is a nice outdoor venue. Hunter Valley Farms, is behind Northshore and seems to be a very pretty place. The Bleak House and Crescent Bend both have outdoor options, though both can get very pricey.

I think you will find that there are actually a lot more variety for outdoors, I found this out when I was planning a December wedding and obviously needed an indoor venue.
  • edited December 2011
    i actually live right beside the Sterchi mansion and its gorgeous from the outside but surrounded by a subdivision. Not nice. But I'll check the other ones! Thank you.
  • opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Middlebrook Gardens?

I also know some people who got married at Gettysvue Country Club, just outside of town. You might want to check them out, along with other golf courses in the area. They have beautiful grounds and catering onsite.

Another idea would be the local historic mansions, like the Armstrong-Lockett House, and others. Several have really nice gardens on their grounds, and the mansions themselves make for a good rain plan.
  • edited December 2011
    I live right down the road from Middlebrook Gardens and it has actually closed down. Thanks for the heads up on the neighborhood around Sterchi Mansion. I was contemplating going to check it out, even though I have my venue already but I'm not monetarily tied to it. But I think I am just going to stick with where I'm at.

The above post mentioned Armstrong-Lockett House, that is also Crecent Bend that I mentioned. I called them just a couple of months ago and they are $10K just to rent for the day, so that was way out of my price range when nothing else was really included in that. But if it is within your budget certainly look into it, it is a gorgeous place!
  • AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Maple Grove Inn in west knox. We have had some christmas parties there. It's affordable, and you can rent out the whole inn and put your wedding party there for the night.
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome suggestions! Thank you! And 10k is definitely not in my budget either. i was thinking more along the lines of free. Ha! :)
  • EasyAsh1220EasyAsh1220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I completely understand where you are coming from futuredaniel. I have lived in Knoxville almost my entire life, and I have never had a desire to get married in Gatlinburg (despite how appealing those airbrush t-shirts are Wink ) My FI and I are looking to get married in October 2011 as well, and we are wanting outdoor, possibly a barn/farm type setting and are having no luck in finding a place that fits our "vision" and our budget..so back to the drawing board.
    The suggestions from the other ladies sound great, so hopefully you can find something that fits! Even better if it it's free! : )

• edited December 2011
    Easyash that is exactly what we want. just something simple, like woods or just a field! I thought about Cades Cove or Norris but people are always up there and idk where exactly we could do it. Good luck to you though!!
  • pulga131pulga131 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about the price but I've heard Blackberry Farms is beautiful
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Oh great thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards