Texas-Austin

Magazine suggestions

Aside from The Knot, what bridal magazines have the best ideas?

Re: Magazine suggestions

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think everything you can find in a magazine you can find here online, for free. I know that's not what you asked. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011

There's a lot of great blogs that have really great ideas, but my favorite magazines were Martha Stewart Weddings and Real Simple Weddings.

• edited December 2011
    I find that most Bridal mags are a waste of money, because it is mostly advertising for dresses.
  • laleighmoorelaleighmoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you must have magazines and online searches just dont cut it, look on craigslist, a lot of brides sell their magazines after they get married for really cheap discounted rates.
    Or try the alternative... load up the dog.... go to Barnes and Noble (at least our bee cave location is dog friendly) grab an armful of the magazines and curl up on a couch in the store to browse. I only made the mistake of purchasing the magazines when I first got engaged... now I find the internet much more efficient but I enjoy getting the pup out of the house now and then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you go to the Bridal Extravaganza, you can sign up at one of the booths and receive free issues of Brides magazine for a year. I've found a lot of them helpful (since I like holding them in my hands vs looking online) but I did realize when cleaning house one day that I had 13 various bridal magazines sitting in the living room. To conquer the build up of magazines, I went through them all and ripped out pages that had things on them that I liked or had things I thought I would need later and tossed the rest in the trash. Looking at online sites is probably more eco-friendly though!
  • sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too got a free subscription to Brides from the bridal extravaganzaa. I think the magazines are a waste EXCEPT for the Austin Wedding Day magazine. It's filled with only local vendors and alot of good ideas. Outside of that one, you can find all the same info online.
  • edited December 2011
    I think you can find so much more inspiration online, but if you'd rather have a magazine in your hands go to half price books - I know I took a bunch of mine there when I was done with them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • el_twirpoel_twirpo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks! those are all good suggestions. i never thought to go to half price books...
  • edited December 2011
    I always run in half price books for magazines before I'm flying anywhere, after they are so many months old they sometimes get marked down to like 25 cents.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of The Knot articles come from stuff they find on the boards. I imagine the Brides one comes from their boards as well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I keep up with tons of wedding blogs daily, but I can't resist buying wedding magazines. I love Southern Weddings because it is more my style, but I agree with all of the others listed above because I read those too!
  • sgerene13sgerene13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My inspirations:
    stylemepretty.com
    greenweddingshoes.com
    ruffledblog.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards