Texas-Austin

Officiate Help Please!

Hi ladies!

We are getting married in a little less than 8 months in South Austin & still don't have someone to marry us... I can't seem to find anyone that is reasonably priced & will personalize our ceremony to our liking.
We are trying to stay under $200 since our ceremony will only be about 30 minutes or less.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you Laughing
Future Mrs. L

Re: Officiate Help Please!

• edited December 2011
    We used Scott Payne, he is $350 but totally worth it.  He will personalize to your liking and even offers suggestions if you need them.  Check him out...www.theknottyer.com
  • edited December 2011
    We used Chaplain Larry Todd.  He was under $200 and great.  People complimented on his service and said it felt like he had known us for years.  I would highly recommend contacting him now rather than later.  He tends to book up in advance.
  • gwta78703gwta78703 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Judge Jon Wisser is marrying us next month. Our wedding is on a Saturday evening, and the cost will be $200. We are customizing the ceremony and vows as we like.

He has been great to work with so far, and even sent us a bunch of materials to help with writing our vows.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gisella88gisella88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using chaplaid larry todd for our upcoming wedding in November . Hes really a wonderful guy who works hard to make your wedding day special and personalized, and is fairly reasonable definently under 200$ 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • geriknelsongeriknelson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check into Judge Elisabeth Earle.  She is marrying us in November, and has been really awesome so far.  She's under $200 if you don't have her there for rehearsal.  She's $250 if she's at both, which we are doing.
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim Session was amazing! Everyone ,and I really do mean everyone, said how much they liked our ceremony. Everyone thought we wrote our own vows since they were so personal but in reality Kim wrote them. We just put our stamp of approval on them. She is $200 for the ceremony and it's $100 more for the rehearsal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto for Judge Elisabeth Earle.  She married us in '06 and really seemed to be happy officiating weddings.  Also, she and her staff were very good about returning calls.
  • ClaireLeannClaireLeann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies so much! I will definitely look into them :-)
    Future Mrs. L
  • edited December 2011
    Have you considered getting someone you know to become an officiant? My fiance is an officiant, he just did our friends' wedding. Of course, I would recommend him, and he would do it for virtually nothing, besides feeding him at the wedding, of course!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards