Texas-Austin
Options

Thoughts - splash of color in a dress?

Was just reading this article:http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-17685-Austin-Bridal-Fashion-Examiner~y2009m7d31-Do-it-with-a-splash-of-colorWhat do you think?  Are you having a splash of color in your dress?I tried on a dress with red accents, and my mom wouldn't even look at me.  Thoughts?

Re: Thoughts - splash of color in a dress?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they look really beautiful! 
    then.now Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    meganrosejmeganrosej member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A few years ago when my best friend was getting married and we were looking at dresses, my dream dress had red edges. But when I actually started looking for my own, I'd completely changed my mind. I don't even want color in my bouquet.  I think dresses with accent color can be really pretty, but some styles I've seen it's just too much.  I think I've ended up being far more traditional than I ever thought I would be though. Although I do love the bright colored shoes peeking through the bottom of a white/ivory dress.
  • Options
    henderstraushenderstraus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's definitely not my personal thing, but I don't think it's weird that other people want to include color in their wedding day looks.
  • Options
    GerberladyGerberlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha, Brenda, my mom is the same way. But I am going traditional and just going with all ivory, even my bouquet. I think my sense of style has changed a lot.
  • Options
    Leigha12Leigha12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did! At first, I would only look at dresses that had color in them, and then one sales person suggested switching out the lacing in a corset back for the color I wanted, and it opened up a whole lot more options for me.  I loved that I had color in mine, and I think for me, it was just the right amount.
    We have so much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it.
    My Bio (wedding pics added 7/6)
    My 101
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally am going with all ivory, even an all ivory bouquet.  I may have colorful shoes, but I haven't decided yet.  I just like the idea of being surrounded by color (BM dresses, decor, etc.) and being the only one in solid white/ivory.  It just seems more traditionally bridal to me.  BUT I've seen some colorful shoes, hair flowers, and sashes that look great on others. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a really cheesy article- those AA and David's dresses have been around for a while now, they're not exactly trend-setting!
  • Options
    stephrizstephriz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a light pink sash on my dress and wish it could have been ordered in the same ivory as the dress.  I chose the dress because I loved the shape and style, but I know I'll regret color on my dress in 10 years.  It's a trend that will date your dress (just like 80's sleeves).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm an all or nothing type girl. I think if I wanted color, I would just buy a nice colored dress.
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Options
    jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going the colored shoe route. Otherwise, I am going to be wearing all ivory, even the bouquet. I am sure that the colored shoe thing is going to be dated, but I really wanted something that I could wear again.~Julie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IMO I have always thought that the brides who wore a color ribbon or sash were  b/c they had been married before and it was maybe their second wedding...then again I have only been to one wedding where they had a white dress with a red sash. I personally want to do some bright blue shoes but I know I personally could not do the splash of color in a dress. But hey it's your day so whatever you want to do...I say go for it!
  • Options
    mesmer242mesmer242 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had some color in my bouquet, and that was it. Other than that it was head to toe ivory. I had a fairly traditional wedding though, and as someone else mentioned, I didn't want to "date" my wedding as much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards