Texas-Austin

What has been your favorite...

thing about the wedding, planning wise? What has been your least favorite?My favorite thing has been accessory shopping. I never buy jewelry for myself, so spending hours pouring over etsy for the perfect necklace and earrings was a lot of fun. I'm actually sad I found the right ones so quickly, now I have no reason to look at pretty jewelry!My least favorite thing is probably planning the ceremony music.  I've been listening to songs for months, and still haven't figured out what I want played.So what about you?

Re: What has been your favorite...

• edited December 2011
    Best - PhotographyWorst - DRESS SHOPPING!I love photography so looking through tons of local talented folks work was lots of fun. It was a tough decision because there are so many talented folks, but I think we made the right decision (we went with Jake Holt). Engagements to be done late October, so we will have a better idea then.Dress shopping was horrible. I'm not even going to go into details - but srsly, as a last resort before finding Geri at Alexia Gavela my friend talked me into going to Davids bridal and - not that the place or the people were bad or anything, they were actually very nice - I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown in the dessing room after trying on dress #143.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• henderstraushenderstraus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite - menu for reception. Food is a big deal in my family. Eating is an event, not just something you do to survive. I'm super excited about what we ended up with!Least favorite - invitation shopping. I went to a couple stores in town and didn't like anything I saw. Searched high and low online. Still didn't like anything. Then finally found weddingpaperdivas.com and they had fun designs and custom colors.
  • AggieDanerAggieDaner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite: The tasting party we had with our caterer. It was SO much fun, she came to our apartment and cooked up the full menu we chose for FI and I and both sets of parents. She was so funny and the food was amazing, it was really the best experience I've had throughout this whole process!Least favorite: Basically all the fiddly little details like rentals and invitations. I wish I could have someone do those for me, they bore me to tears. Also, keeping track of the budget in general is no fun, haha.
  • julianelsjulianels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite - making invites with my bff and moh (one in the same) we had so much fun!!! margaritas + wedding invitations = freaked out kinko's employees + super-adorable invites Lease favorite - venue shopping ...ugh
  • mujerboricuamujerboricua member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best: Cake tasting! I love sweets. Sadly we found our cake vendor early on so we only did two tastings. But I got to eat some great cake at the bridal extravaganza at my second go-around.Worst: Hear, hear Reddie36! I hated dress shopping. I went at it alone because all my best friends and family are scattered about. I was determined to get it so waiting for someone to visit me so we can do it together wasn't an option. Unfortunately. I could have used the back up. The process was a rude awakening to how limited my options were as a plus-size gal.
  • edited December 2011
    favorite thing: dress shopping!!! although it was super stressful and we went to about 4 boutiques and i must have tried on at least 50 dresses, it was fun to do it with my mom, BMs and FMIL. everyone got to be there when i picked out THE DRESS. worst: deciding where to get married, from city, to church/venue, to reception location. we spent so much time trying to figure that out i couldn't do much planning until that was decided. now it's crunch time!
  • meganrosejmeganrosej member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I got really lucky with the dress shopping, The third dress I tried on was the one I bought, but it probably helped that every other dress looked absolutely awful on me, and made me feel like a little kid playing dress-up.  It definitely wasn't as fun as I was hoping, but at least it went by quickly.And I totally missed out on the cake tasting! I got really sick before our first tasting and had to reschedule, and then I was still sick and didn't want to reschedule again, so FI went alone. And he loved the cake so much we didn't make any other appointments. 
  • edited December 2011
    Favorite - making the save the dates! We did them ourselves - I photographed them (by remote), in my house, and we photoshopped them together. It was fun and they turned out so cute. And the cake tasting! That was a blast, too.Not so fav - Definitely budget. Spending hours pouring over every little detail trying to figure out ways to cut costs. And making the guest list! We wanted to invite everyone and their mother but of course, can't afford it. Still feel bad about some of the people we cut....
  • edited December 2011
    Favorite - Cake tastings! I. LOVE. CAKE. Least Favorite - getting dresses for my bridesmaids/mom/and especially my FMIL... almost everyone was so stressed out about what to wear, and how much it cost. ugh. (Plus I specifically said no bright red/hot pink, and I'm pretty sure my FMIL bought a hot pink dress.. haven't seen it yet though, so maybe it'll be ok. I'm almost past the point of caring, really... as long as it's formal enough... that was my biggest worry for her. *end rant*)
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• foxandsocksfoxandsocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite - planning the honeymoon. It was a relatively easy decision for us as to where we were going. It is definately something I look forward to. Also, picking out the little details to make the wedding fun and exciting and non-traditional (photobooth and our get away car). Least - figuring out who to invite. I finally gave up and divided up the number of people each set of parents could invite and told them to decide. I get final veto power though. Budgets suck! Plain and simple.
  • jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite: Cake tasting. We did not get to go to very many tastings, but they were fun. Finding the venue was probably a close second.Least Favorite: Dress shopping. I am a size 14-16, and a lot of shops treated me really badly. The experience that I had at Balina made me want to just not get a dress.
  • shanwalk2shanwalk2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    favorite: anything to do with my gown. buying it, altering it, buying accessories for it. least: invitations caused me the most stress, but i love love the way they turned out. dealing with dh and the tuxes wasn't fun either. he couldn't decide and i didn't care anymore.
  • edited December 2011
    Favorite so far: engagement pictures... definitely so much fun and a great break from wedding planning... i fell even more in love with my fiance again just looking into each others eyes, smiling, relaxing (all the stuff we havent done in a while) instead of fighting about guest lists and rehearsal dinners, etcLeast favorite: BM dress shopping. I only tried on 3 gowns b4 I found the one of my dreams (1st one I tried on), but MOH tried on 20+ dresses b4 we narrowed it down to two and had other BM vote on which one
  • edited December 2011
    Best- Dress shopping Worst- Budgeting and planning from NY
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • edited December 2011
    Best- In general, I've really enjoyed spending time with my mom planning everything. I LOVE planning my look for the overall day- the dress, shoes, jewelry, hair and make-up. I'm a girly girl so that's all fun for me. Worst- The budget aspect of things is difficult. Obviously everything with the word "wedding" attached is costly. And I'm already getting impatient with time...ha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards