Texas-Austin

Episcopalian Ceremony Program

My fiance is Episcopalian and when we meet with the officiant he mentioned having to notate in the program guest participation. I've never seen this done before and have never been to an Episcopalian wedding ceremony. I'm just curious if anyone has a template that I may use for my programs. Thanks!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Episcopalian Ceremony Program

• edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure it just means that there's parts during the ceremony where the pastor (or reverend? not sure what they're called in the Episcopal church) says something, like "The Lord is with you" and the guests reply in unison "And also with you". He should give you the text you'll need to put in the program, and you should be able to ask him where/what order in the program to put it. I'm not a graphic designer or anything, but I think that for the formatting I would put the pastor's words in italics, and make the congregation's words bold and also indent them. People will probably get it.
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In all church bulletins that I have ever seen (programs if that's what you call them), usually the participation parts are bold or italics, and there is a footnote to clue people in. Also, for those that aren't used to the order of worship (sit, stand, etc), our church used asterix to mark the standing parts. that can be included in the footnote as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • lanerob1lanerob1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you posted this on the nov 09 board too, right? I haven't forgotten about you.... just been busy. I will send it asap! Sorry!
  • misscrystal1misscrystal1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards