Texas-Austin
Options

Alterations & Serendipity Bridal

AWW My dress is in!  I haven't seen it since I ordered it in June.  I purchased it at Serendipity Bridal and I know I am going to need a lot of alterations.  Does anyone have experience using Serendipity for their alterations?  I was also considering using Alexia Gavela, but I know they had a horrible accident on Halloween.  Does anyone know if  they are still taking appointments for alterations?  TIA!!!

Re: Alterations & Serendipity Bridal

• Options
    jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Serendipity for my alterations. I think that they might have been a bit more expensive than some for alterations. I liked that I did not have to keep the dress in my house with my cats though.Rosa does an excellent job though. Their seamstress is really great though. Rosa was very sweet, professional and really knew how to alter my dress to make it fit like a glove. I needed the whole top of my dress taken in, the dress hemmed, a bra sewn in and a bustle put in. ~Julie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Geri at Alexia Gavela is still taking alterations. He has another store called Ceremonias Bridal that they are working out of right now till AG is fixed up - which he said will be very soon.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    atlanticatlantic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Rosa as well and was very happy.  But I didn't comparison shop at all and did feel like i way overspent on my alterations.  If i had to do it over again i probably would have looked around more.
    Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    loveisafleurloveisafleur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi there! i just booked my alterations appointment at serendipity bridal too! rosa wasn't available, so they recommended using carol brushard. i spoke with her this morning and she seemed awfully nice. :)  best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards