Texas-Austin

Another Caterer question

Hi everyone, I'm in the stages of deciding which caterer to use, hence all the caterer questions. So here's my question #4103947 for catering... Howcome some caterers charge a percentage for a coordination fee while others do not? The prices of their menu are really similiar but I will probably pick one caterer over another so I don't have to pay the coordination fee. Is this just so other caterers can make their food look less expensive by tacking on a coordination fee at the end? Or is it because I do not have a wedding coordinator? And yes, I realize I could call my caterers and ask them directly, but I'm getting together with my fiance and family to look over all the estimates tomorrow and will probably not be able to get a hold of a caterer between now and then. Plus, you ladies are just so helpful I wanted to throw this question out there for you all! Seems like every time I ask you all a question you give me additional information that I would not have thought about.

Re: Another Caterer question

• edited December 2011
    i know the coordination fee doesn't have anything to do with a wedding coordinator, because i have one and was still charged the coordination fee. crave charged me one and when i asked, this is what they said the fee covers: It covers the cost of all of our licenses as well as certifications and vehicles for all events.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm... that's good to know. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    oh, and i'm not using crave or any other caterer that charged me a coordination fee because that really made their fees go way up. i'm using liz at exquisite cuisine and her prices are amazing and her food even better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards