Texas-Austin
Options

somethingsweeting

hi!  i love your pocketfold-style invites.  i was wondering where you got the folds at?  i know your bio mentions the brand and color of the paper, but did you cut it that way yourself?  if so, do you have a template or something?  if not, where did you get it cut?  thanks :)

Re: somethingsweeting

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi spongejen!Yes, I actually cut it that way myself. Not sure that I recommend it - it took forever!There was no template, really. The paper was originally 12x12 and all I did was use one of those $10 paper cutters from Hobby Lobby. I just marked the dimensions I wanted on the ruler of the paper cutter and lined each one up. I can't remember right now, but I think I cut 1.5 inch off the side first, so the paper was horizontal. Then with the paper horizontal, I cut in 5.25 inches and stopped. I had to use a razor blade after that to cut the triangle in the lower right. it looked something like this (don't remember the exact dimensions) - a very rough sketch that i just threw together for ya.[img]http://tiny.cc/ktRSM[/img]Then just use a bone folder ($5 at Michaels in the Martha Stewart section) to get the neat crease in the middle, then again to fold the triangle up. Then I used glue dots along the outer edge to keep the pocket in place.Kind of complicated answer. Bottom line - I just it myself. No template, just a ruler, a paper cutter, and razor blade. You'd be better off buying :) good luck!
  • Options
    spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks a lot for the info!  i assumed you made them since i haven't seen anything similar from googling.  you did a great job!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'd seriously recommend not going this route though. Have you tried cards and pockets?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *butting in* Archiver's in Cedar Park has some nice pocketfold envelopes. They have a nice weight to them, and come in lots of (shimmery) colors. [url]http://www.archiversonline.com/yourstruly/shapes_sizes[/url]
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Options
    spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks, both of you!  i have looked at cards and pockets (as well as several other sites).  i like the style of your pockets better, but i figured they are probably a pain to make.  i don't have a ton to make, but premade pockets might be better, indeed.  ejayne, thanks for the archivers rec, i'm actually not in austin anymore, but i believe there are a few archivers stores here in denver, so i will check it out! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards