Texas-Austin

RSVP cards vs. email RSVP

I wanted to get y'alls thoughts.  i am ordering my invites for my wedding.   I wanted to get input on whether the seperate RSVP cards are necessary or not these days?  Do most people return them?  I was thinking to save money (almost $200) that I could skip that, and do an email rsvp or something like that.  But do you think people respond that way or are they used to the paper ones that they mail back?    The thing is that 90% of the guests are from out of town, so t ypically would include hotel info..plus need to find out if they will be riding the bus transporation that we are providing....but could I put that all on a seperate card, and ask them to email their rsvp, and include what hotel they plan to stay in, and if they are planning on using the bus?

Re: RSVP cards vs. email RSVP

• edited December 2011
    We got 90 percent of our cards back with pre-stamped envelopes, but it seems that people are less likely to RSVP these days at all. We had to send out family members to corral most of ours, because they thought they didn't need to send it back. I have seen both ways done... and personally for the younger generations email or website is the most user friendly. For older, they like to mail things.. so maybe half and half??
  • jgele2jgele2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is actually a good idea...maybe half and half is the way to go.   I'm just trying to cut costs where I can...but don't want to not do it, if I really should.  Iknow I've gotten a bunch lately with RSVP through a website or email, so I thought this may be more acceptable these days!
  • edited December 2011
    We did all online rsvps, and so glad we did!  Just like someone said above, people are really horrible at rsvping these days, so why waste the money sending out rsvp cards, when you're just going to have to do follow calls/emails!!

I say online!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards