Texas-Austin

Off Season and Military Vendor Discounts

I'm having my wedding in December/January and know that a lot of vendors offer off season pricing and military discounts.  Since I have a moderate budget and over 150 people on my guest list, I would appreciate anyone who can recommend vendors that might offer discounts. 

Thanks!

Re: Off Season and Military Vendor Discounts

• akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any that offer discounts, but I know there are several ways to cut costs. We are saving a lot by having ours on a Friday. DIY-ing is also a good money saver, and if you can, cutting down on your guest list helps a lot. 

GL!
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    I researched a lot of vendors and didn't find any that offered military discounts. Pretty much all the venues and photographers I found had some sort of discount for off season weddings though.
  • sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Dec of this year and it seemed that most venues offer a cheaper price ($500-$1000 off) for the winter months, but that was about it. None of the photogs/caterers/bakers etc that I talked to offered discounts for the off season because I'm getting married on a Saturday evening. We chose December because of the cooler weather so I wasn't really planning on getting a discount.

Getting married on a non Saturday evening or booking someone last minute pretty much provide the biggest discounts. I haven't seen anyone offering military discounts- but you may find some in San Antonio or the Killeen area.
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most photographers and bakers will not give discounts. What they are doing is a skill and an art. Venues, limos and various other things you find you can get a discount or off season pricing. It is because what they provide is a thing/ service.

"Getting married on a non Saturday evening or booking someone last minute pretty much provide the biggest discounts. I haven't seen anyone offering military discounts"
    This. But asking about military discounts never hurts. All they can say is no.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kor10ekor10e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  

Just for anyone else looking out there looking, I did run across these military discounts for cakes, photos, and venues on different websites.   I haven't researched or heard anything about the vendors, but I found it helpful. I wasn't looking to find military discounts, but I randomly ran across some and figured I'd ask if anyone heard of anymore.  

www.bozillacakes.com/">Bozilla Cakes
    Order your wedding cake and groom's cake from Bozilla Cakes and receive 10% off the total cost. Also, take 15% off any order for active military, police and firefighters (with ID).

www.amazingkakes.com/">Amazing Kakes
    Members of the Military, Police & Fire Dept. receive a 15% discount. Must present valid ID.

Allan House
    The Allan House gives a 10% discount off your entire rental rate

www.photographybycho.com/">Cho Photography
    10% discount on all packages to our brave men and women in the military.
  • kor10ekor10e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo also offers a 15% discount on bridal gowns.
  • mwphotomwphoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Martin Whitton Photography is offering a 15% Military Discount on all wedding packages. http://www.mwwphoto.com/gallery/6240238_zjVJW
  • jimdwarnockjimdwarnock member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2now1 Photography is offering $250 off is you book before 12/31/10. Just Google them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards