Texas-Austin

Austin destination wedding!

Hi!  I am from New Olreans, but getting married in Austin.   We are doing the rehearsal at Kindred Oaks in Georgetown (20 miles from Austin).   I need suggestions on budget friendly photographers, florist, limos, and caterers!!!!    I didn't realize it would be so hard not living in the place I'm getting married!

...Oh, we're getting hitched in October of 2011.  Any suggestions would be so helpful!!!

Thanks!

Re: Austin destination wedding!

• edited December 2011
    Check out the local vendor feature here on The Knot. You can search by budget...it helped me a lot when I was planning my wedding!

What is your budget for photography, catering, etc? That will help us give you better suggestions.
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I am a fellow Kindred Oaks bride. I am also getting married October 2011.Welcome.  :)

Unfortunately we are not doing catering for the wedding. Dessert reception for us.  But we are thinking of doing BBQ or Kirby Lane Cafe for our Rehearsal Dinner.  Use the vendors that Kindred Oaks has recommended as a starting point for your vendor search. The sticky at the top of the Austin board where you introduce yourself has what vendors a lot of us ladies are using. That would be a great place to look too. Budget will also help us give you sugestions.

If you need any help The Austin, Houston and October 2011 boards are very helpful. The ladies on these boards are also really nice and honest.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    If you give us price points, it may be easier to help you find some people to look for.

Welcome to the Austin Board!
  • jgele2jgele2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!! I have 4sisters, so you can imagine that I am on a tight budget...my poor dad!! I am hoping to keep catering around $4500 fo 150-200 people, but want a buffet. I also need a good photog, and like the soft look of photography. I'm hoping to keep that around $2000. I know that probably won't buy me prints. maybe there is someone just starting out that needs some work, and has great talent?? also, Im thinking I will only be able to afford a dj, but if anyone knows of band suggestions that ate reasonable or on the low side, but still lots of fun, that would be great!, Also, I feel that I need a wedding planner, since I don't live in Austin...maybe just a day or week of so I don't spend the whole week of my wedding on my cell phone. Any suggestions for a budget bride???
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there a particular kind of food you like? American? BBQ? Italian? Mexican/ TexMex? You should definitely be able to get catering for around $20pp. There are lots of great BBQ places in Austin. Stubbs and Rudys are my favorites. Kirby Lane Cafe caters and has a nice selection. You can even get a breakfast buffet catered with them.

I am extremely picky when it comes to photography and we went with She-N-He photography. They are a bit on the pricy side but I feel are worth the expense. We also liked how Whitney Lee photography pictures looked. To maybe help narrow your photographer search by price point look at Photography Vendors on The Knot. Not all photographers offer prints in their packages. Do look for someone who gives you quality images and printing rights for them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We were on a tight budget too & didn't splurge on a whole lot.

For photography we are using Blackerby Photography. It's a husband & wife team and they couldn't be more sweet and their work is wonderful. We happen to be the headliner on their blog right now and I couldn't be happier with our engagement pics! http://blackerbyphotography.blogspot.com/

For catering, we met with several folks and at the urging of our wedding planner, we met with Culinary Delights. The best part so far has been that the food is good, affordable, and their pricing includes the china, 5 servers, and even a centerpiece on the buffet that matches our florals.
    http://www.culinarydelightscatering.com/

We had issues with the initial person we contracted with to be our wedding planner and ended up going with Rachel from Buon Affare Events. She has been so helpful in getting us on the right track and helping me think of things that I would have panicked about if I had forgot about them. She's also suggested several vendors that we've ended up going with.
    http://www.buonaffareevents.com/

For florals, I believe we will be going to book with Donna Foster at Central Market on Lamar. I'm not spending a ton, but I was surprised at what we would be getting for the price with her.

Hope this helps! You can also look at the 'introduce yourself' sticky at the top of the board, a lot of people have listed their vendors in the replies.
  • BirdsongBellBirdsongBell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement!

Contact Jennifer with J. Renee Events. Her team is excellent and very AFFORDABLE, especially for day of coordination. I think she may have even done a few events at  Kindred Oaks or Fountain Glenn Event Center. 

Give her a call...

JReneeEvents.com
    512-947-0301
  • tabbychristabbychris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stay away from J. Renee Events!!!! Everything was going ok after we signed hte contract and now she's taken off with our money. Has been a month with no communication, her office is shut down & phone disconnected!!! Starting the legal process. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards