Texas-Austin

AFTER Wedding Bar/Lounge?!?

hey knotties...I'm getting married in 6 weeks in Buda at The San Michele...I live in KY though, so most people are coming in from out of town.  our wedding is over at midnight and I have transportation taking everyone back to downtown Austin.

Any ideas on a bar/lounge people could go to? My fiance and I have to be at the airport at 3am...so we will be tagging along.   I'd hate for people to get lost in long lines and crowded bars because we didn't have some sort of plan. 

Would the Driskill be a good spot?  I need something that isn't too crowded- but that is open late and has a good ambiance.  (not boring though)

Thanks!
Oct 15 is just around the corner! :)

Re: AFTER Wedding Bar/Lounge?!?

• edited December 2011
    W Hotel.....I went a couple of months ago and it wasn't over crowded.
    It has about 3 bars in the lounge areas...Very loungy, feels like you're at a house party (in a very trendy, luxe space) about 4-5 large spaces, not boring, but not too loud where you can't here the other person speaking...I've never seen a line form but, they do have the velvet ropes out once in a while.

I don't live in Austin yet, but I guess it would also depend on the kind of atmosphere you want. Club, lounge, bar, hotel bar etc...

Good Luck! Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards