Texas-Austin

Retraction

I'd like to take back every nice thing I ever said on these boards about the Inn at Wild Rose Hall.  I'm not the type to complain or trash, but since I always took recommendations from you ladies to heart, I'd really hate it if my initial reviews encouraged another bride to eventually end up in the spot I am now. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Retraction

• edited December 2011
    Wow, what happened?
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to know too. Please be more specific about your gripes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • hollyshea1107hollyshea1107 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Basically, it comes down to the security deposit.  To be fair, I will say up front that they worked with us some, but within the terms of the contract--as in let us split a payment in two, but the last payment was still due on the last day listed in the contract.  Which I was really grateful for, and have tried to keep in mind through out the ordeal that follows...my husband and I were the last ones out of the venue that night, along with one of the owners.  The place was just as clean as we'd found it and we specifically asked if there was anything else we needed to do before leaving.  The answer was no and we were off to pack for our honeymoon.  The contract has a 100 non refundable cleaning fee and a 500 deposit.  Contract states barring any damage, deposit refunded within 21 days of event.  We have yet to see a statement of any cleaning/damages beyond the $100 or a refund of the deposit.  My initial email (at over 50 days past our wedding) was returned with "haven't forgot, other brides aren't paying on time, we'll refund you after they pay".   They have not returned any other emails or phone calls since.  It rained the day of my wedding...countless mishaps could have happened that required attention, and there would have been no money to fix any of it for the bride who had already paid $2500+ to have the inn the following week.  I know the economy isn't awesome right now, but you'd think that would be an even better reason to keep all the deposits separate so the money is there for it's designated purpose if the worst happens.  Just frustrated.  Our wedding was beautiful, it was a lovely backdrop, but the business end of it has been less than awesome.  It also took three weeks and multiple phone calls from our wedding planner to get a copy of the contract in the early planning phases.  And I went on my honeymoon with a gash in the bottom of my foot from an exposed nail in the floor in the brides changing room
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is SHADY. refundable deposits are supposed to be kept in a separate account. They are (from an accounting perspective) are a liability of the company until they earn it (you damage something). If it says 21 days in your contract, you have grounds for legal action if they don't return it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry to hear about this.

How is your foot now? I think it's crap that an exposed nail caused bodily injury to you AND they refuse to pay you your money back.

If anything, I think they should be giving you money on top of what you are rightfully owed because of your foot, but that's just me.

118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards