Texas-Austin

Lake Travis venues

What are some affordable wedding venues over looking the lake? I don't want to spend no more than 4k for food or venue. Estimated guest about 50-70

Re: Lake Travis venues

• edited January 2013
    You could try renting out campgrounds or RV parks. They are probably much cheaper than an actual venue. And if you rented it all out, you'd have the whole site to yourself. I looked into it, and found a bunch, but didn't go with any of them because I found better ones on the Guadalupe and Blanco Rivers. The money you save on the venue could go towards renting a big tent if you want the assurance in case of rain. 

Another thing to try is homeaway.com, sometimes people have HUGE houses with big, nice, landscaped yards that they rent out for an evening. They are also much cheaper than a venue, usually under $1000 per night, and you could have your friends or family stay at the home.

I know you posted this a while ago, but just in case you are still looking... :)
  • You could try renting out campgrounds or RV parks. They are probably much cheaper than an actual venue. And if you rented it all out, you'd have the whole site to yourself. I looked into it, and found a bunch, but didn't go with any of them because I found better ones on the Guadalupe and Blanco Rivers. The money you save on the venue could go towards renting a big tent if you want the assurance in case of rain. 

Another thing to try is homeaway.com, sometimes people have HUGE houses with big, nice, landscaped yards that they rent out for an evening. They are also much cheaper than a venue, usually under $1000 per night, and you could have your friends or family stay at the home.

I know you posted this a while ago, but just in case you are still looking... :)
    I have tried looking on homeaway but looked so long it gave me a headache! Do you know any hoimes that will host weddings? Also, how will that work will chairs, tables, etc? I would probably have to rent everything....?
  • On homeaway some of the homes have things set up that you can use. If not then you would have to rent them. There was one location that I was looking at for our rehearsal dinner. It is called Villa Bella on Lake Travis. 
  • I'm doing a daytime Sunday wedding at Vintage Villas for $4,600. 40 people including food & alcohol, as well as tables, chairs, setup & teardown, and white or black linens if we want them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards