Texas-Austin

Cupcake Bar?

Have any of you ever seen or been to a wedding that used the cupcake bar?  

I still haven't gotten a cake yet... Neither of us have much of a sweet tooth so we are having a really hard time with this decision.  We went to one tasting.  I thought it was good, but after trying 3 differnt kinds, I never wanted to see another cake again.   I just want someone to make this decision for me!!!  : ) 
XOXO,
Pouty Pants

Re: Cupcake Bar?

• akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think cupcake and cookie bars are awesome. Just my opinion. 

By the way, lol @ pouty pants.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, my uncle's wedding had an AMAZING cupcake display. I posted photos in this blog entry: http://kelsmcrae.blogspot.com/2009/11/wedding-wednesday.html

I was in LOVE with it, and I do have a sweet tooth so I ate one each of the *cough*five*cough* flavors. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think cupcakes are fun and are really trendy right now. If you haven't done so, you should check out Sugar Mama's on S. 1st. They have the best cupcakes! Also, we are actually considering using www.nothingbundtcakes.com for our wedding instead of a tradtional wedding cake. At the bridal extravaganza in January, they had the best tasting cake (IMO). Not too sweet and the cake was anything but dry. Just thought I'd throw that in there . . .
  • foxandsocksfoxandsocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Sugar Mama's. Their cupcakes are awesome!

I know that there is a company in Austin that does a cupcake bar, with different cake flavors, icing, and toppings. I don't remember the name of the company though.
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing Nothing Bundt Cakes, and I'm super excited about it.  Yummy!

I went to a wedding with a cookie bar this weekend, and it went ok.  You have to realize that alot of the guys made fun of it though.  Didn't want to be caught playing with sprinkles and icing.  There were lots of leftover cookies.  They also did cookie cutter favors to go with it.
  • edited December 2011

I'm using Sugar Mama's. I use to work with Olivia (the owner)... before she started her shop and she's genuine and sweet. Very flexible and easy to work with. 

I think foxandsocks is thinking of thecupcakebaraustin.com . they do some type of cupcake "bar" where guests can choose from a menu of flavor cupcake and diff frostings and toppings to go on top of their cupcakes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards