Texas-Austin
Options

Needed: Good suggestions for unique Engagement Photos!

Hey everyone!
Our engagement pics are coming up soon and I wanted something different!
Any suggestions on a fun place that would make great pictures?
Thanks!

Re: Needed: Good suggestions for unique Engagement Photos!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like what this couple did.  They are both chefs and met in culinary school, so it was pretty much perfect.  
    Think about how you can incorporate something that's specific and unique about you, your fiance and/or your relationship.
  • Options
    RJG13RJG13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to decide as well...

This might seem odd, but I was thinking of that bar Mean Eyed Cat.  I want something very Austin-y. Their patio has all those old Texas-themed signs everywhere, it's very rustic and has those colored lights hanging.   I thought it would be a cool background.  No one has to know it was a bar.  I wonder if they'd let you go early before people arrived.  I also saw some cool pics in front of the Broken Spoke.  And once that a lot of people do is in front of that "Greetings from Austin" wall mural on South 1st. It looks like a giant postcard, but really cool.

For more traditional, I thought about Mayfield Park near Laguna Gloria.  You can still get those pretty outdoor shots, but there are also peacocks roaming around. 

Lady Bird Wildflower center is gorgeous too.  Neat architecture on parts of the buildings and really pretty archway paths.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like your Mean Eyed Cat idea.  A friend of mine had hers done at Spider House.  They were amazing.  All of the old furniture, the bright colors, lots of neat signs...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's another quite session:
    Retro and unique locations.  :)
    Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For outdoors photos I've loved some shots at Laguna Gloria.
  • Options
    dynalee33dynalee33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much! My fiance and I are both personal trainers, we met in a gym, and we both work in small gyms,  so the one thing that's really is 'us' is the gym...but I guess I'd have to leave it up to a photographer to get great looking engagement pics in a gym!UndecidedWink

I'm really likeing the idea of the mural on s 1st....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    dynalee33dynalee33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! We ended up at on Town Lake and The Long Center at sunset.  It was just beautiful, so i can't WAIT to see the pics! 2-3 weeks....ugh the waiting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards