Texas-Austin
Options

St. Catherine of Siena Church

Anyone have a ceremony and reception there? We're tentatively planning to have ours there next fall and I have a couple of questions if any of you have experience there!
Eloped with my sweetheart in November 2010; planning a wedding for October 2011! imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: St. Catherine of Siena Church

• Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP, I feel like I should explain what happened on the Snarky Brides board today. See, we've had lots of "trolls" lately, fake people coming in just to stir up drama and see how believable they could be. When you came in flaunting that you were already married but planning a 2nd wedding (hot button issue), they thought you were fake, that no real person would do that and come brag about it on a board that is very definitely anti- acting like a legal marriage doesn't matter so you can have a pretty princess day. 

While I don't agree with the choice you made, I'm not going to start that discussion here because our Mod doesn't like conflict and I don't want to get reprimanded. I just wanted to explain the shiitstorm you encountered. 

Be forewarned, though, that there are not many people on The Knot, even on the Military Board, that condone eloping and then ignoring those vows so you can have the big white puffy dress, the showers, and the bachelorette party at a more convenient time. In general, we see marriage as a serious adult decision, and think that people who do these things are attention starved and gift grabby and can't deal with the adult decision they already made. I sure hope you aren't hiding this elopement from your friends, family and priest.   A church blessing is fine, but its not a wedding if you are already married. So there you have it. That's why people were not liking you.

Also the "get out of here" posts were more of a "really, again?" type of reaction than a literal "don't ever post here" type of thing. 

Good luck with planning your church blessing, and navigating the Knot boards more successfully in the future. I'm sorry. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you know I don't "like" conflict--- why do you post this here? As you have already told me, some things are reserved for PM's.

You need to realize that I don't create the rules Sarah. I enforce them, as I signed a contract with the knot. You may not like them or me, which I could care less about, but you need to stop being snide in your remarks about me. Kindly stop, as this conversation had NOTHING to do with me.

Also-- this is not the Snarky board. If you want to be a judging person-- leave your snarky thoughts there. This bride wants to celebrate getting married. It is not up to you on how she chooses to celebrate. And considering you have never offered your life on the line--- you probably shouldn't be talking about how the military views things. I spent 8 years in the Army and know there are certain reasons why people have to elope and celebrate later. It's called going to WAR. People giving up their lives so you can continue to be a complete B to everyone on here.

Who are you to judge?!
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blue, this was actually an apology for how she was jumped on over on SB. I felt bad about it and thought I should explain the general feelings of the board. I never said she was anything those people accused her of being because I don't know her and what she is planning. Maybe a PM would have been better. Sorry about that. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh goodness... I know nothing of that particular church. I wish I could help. I really do.

But if you need help with planning this board can be helpful. Also the October 2011 board is fantastic! But I think I am just a little bit biased since I am apart of that board. I know of the ladies would love for you to join us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sarah--- Thank you for the apology. I hope that Delance will see that you meant that  as an apology, and things will be smooth from here on out. I understand that the Snarky board is what it is... but here I don't want to run brides off because people don't understand why they have to celebrate in a different way.

And what I said is true about the military. There are times when they elope before getting deployed-- for many reasons and then they celebrate when they come back on leave or after the deployment. It is unfortunate, but all people deserve a wedding. I am not really sure why having a "princess day" is meant to be an insult, because after all that is really what everyone ends up getting... a day to honor the bride. It's been that way since ceremonies began in America.

Anyhoo-- all is good and like I said.. thank you for apologizing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards