Texas-Austin

Acoustic guitar for the ceremony?

Hi ladies - One of my fiance's best friends is an AMAZING guitarist and has offered to play acoustic guitar for our wedding ceremony. I love the idea of having him play because I know it will be sweet and personal, but have any of you ever been to a wedding where acoustic guitar was played at the ceremony? What did you think? Are there any songs you'd recommend that sound particularly good on acoustic? We'd probably have him play for 20 minutes before the ceremony as guests are arriving and being seated, the processional and the recessional (so about 6-7 songs total)

If it helps, we're having a Mediterranean garden party-style wedding at a local vineyard - think soft colors, romantic decor and an intimate setting. We'll have about 80 guests total.

Thank you for any help or insight! With the wedding only 2.5 months away, every decision is becoming just a little more stressful... Smile

Re: Acoustic guitar for the ceremony?

• I think that is an awesome idea! I really wanted a spanish guitaritst, but ended up going with a cello violin combo.  Anyway, I think it will be unique and sound beautiful.  As for songs, I'm not really sure.  I bet he can do some of the known songs for weddings - ave maria for one.  I'd talk to him and see if he has anything he can recommend.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Thanks for the vote of confidence, ystaalenburg - that makes me feel much better. :) I agree classic ceremony music would sound great on an acoustic guitar and it will fit our theme nicely, too. We'll probably go that route.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards