Texas-Austin

Mani / Pedi

Hi Ladies!
I live in Houston but am getting married in Austin in March.  I was wondering if anyone knew of a good mani/pedi salon downtown Austin ( I am staying at the Radisson Townlake so walkable would be even better).  I am looking for reasonably priced.  Also, a friend told me recently about 'gel' style french manicure which doesnt chip...do you know if there are salons that do this?  Thanks in advance for your help!!

Re: Mani / Pedi

• sara.judkinssara.judkins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You wouldn't be able to walk to it, but Embellish is THE best place to get a mani/pedi!  They are so amazing, do everything according to state board standards, so there are no jet tubs that everyone else has stuck their feet in.  They bring out huge copper bowls filled with warm rose water to start your pedi process.  I believe the manicure you are talking about is the Shellac service.  I've been getting this done for the last few months at Embellish, and it is really amazing.  When you decide that you don't want it anymore, you just soak your fingers in acetone and scrape it off, and there is no damage to your nails at all.  They don't do any acrylic nail services at all, just natural.  Plus they have free M&Ms to munch on while you are being pampered!
    www.ohitislove.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Sara~

This sounds amazing! I'll have to keep it in mind when my wedding gets closer. I'm treating the Moms & maids to mani/pedis for part of their wedding gift. Thanks for the post!

Brandie
  • sara.judkinssara.judkins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure!  They do "parties" there, you just have to turn in your list of people and services.  They will take as many appointments as they can and adjust the timing accordingly.  Plus, you can bring in food and drinks (including alcohol) at either location.  The Westlake location is a lot bigger than the one at the Triangle, so I would definitely suggest if you have a bigger group to go down south to Westlake.  Enjoy it!  I absolutely adore that place!
    www.ohitislove.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds great!  I'll have to check them out as well.  I always just do my own mani/pedi but definitely want a relaxing spa experience the Thursday before my wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards