Texas-Austin

Wedding Reception Resteraunt

Hey!  I am hopping to find a resteraunt/bar type atmosphere with a deck (on the lake preferably) for an informal reception.  My fiance and I are eloping but want to have a very informal reception when we get back.  Guest count... maybe 40-50, but could cut back if needed.  Any suggestions would be great!  I am already thinking Hula Hut's pier, but wanted to see if someone else could come up with a place that won't be as crazy (the wedding is taking place in May 2010!)

Re: Wedding Reception Resteraunt

• AggieDanerAggieDaner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if it will be less crazy, but there are a lot of different rooms that you can rent out at the Oasis!
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe Carlos & Charlie's?
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• foxandsocksfoxandsocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Oasis, but they don't have a deck.
    Shoreline Grill. They are located on Town lake instead of lake Travis.
    Abels on the lake has a deck. It's located next to Hula Hut.
  • edited December 2011
    Shoreline Grill is really nice, on the lake, they have an onsite wedding/event planner, private downstairs room (you get it all to yourself with a separate entrance as well, I think) lots of great packages, good prices, little gazebo. Right next door is the Four Seasons Hotel and the Radisson ... both good options for honeymoon and/or out of town guests. We decide to not go with a restaurant, but 
  • edited December 2011
    ... didn't finish ... we decided not to go with a restaurant for other reasons ... but would have chosen this one. We chose Lakeway Resort (on the lake) ... also a really good deal and you can negotiate on prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards