Texas-Austin
Options

Bridal portraits

Helping out a friend who went to pay the fee at ZIlker Park for her bridal portraits and there is a spring flower show - so no pictures can be taken - Hair and makeup already scheduled as well and photographer - oh ..and I should mention - this is for tomorrow. Photographer told her check in advance as there are many conflicts in the spring, but she forgot.  I suggested another park in the area, but they too have an event all day... she is looking to stay around a $50 fee - anyone out there have any suggestions?  She would like outside.  Free would be great... but Wild flower center is  100, Laguna Gloria over 100, most wedding venues have weddings on the weekends. I am not in Austin - so can't help her anyway other than posting here.  Everyone she knows including her vendors are looking for places...

Re: Bridal portraits

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We took family portraits last year and my photographer recommended  Mayfield Park and Dunvegan Keep. We went to Mayfield and our photos were wonderful. There was not a fee at Mayfield. We never checked out Dunvegan Keep but their website looks awesome too. I would suggest checking out the sites in person first because my fiance and I decided to visit both Mayfield and Laguna as ceremony options during Spring break week and it was not quite as lush yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mayfield also has an event!!! Spring time in Austin Texas and I wish I was there, it is burr cold in NJ and NY.  Dunvegan Keep charges 150 bucks for usage and they have a booking.... I am out of ideas!!! and internet search options.
  • Options
    Mrs.PurdueMrs.Purdue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe the grounds (and the inside) of the capitol?  I was also going to suggest mayfield, too bad that it's busy. 

does the photog not have any suggestions?  I'm always the one to come up with the locales for my clients. 
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about just a random field on the side of the road? Haha, sounds a bit crazy but there are some pretty areas outside of town. That's what we did for our e-pics and I was really happy with the result. 
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The capitol grounds are cool. It kinda depends on what she wants, though. We took out e-pics on the Concordia University campus (where I work) and they came out awesome. There are lots of trees, and the grass is green. If she just wants a park setting, there are tons of parks in this city that could photograph well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And there is the Long Center grounds as well. They have a hill that has a thing on top that could be cool.. I can't think of what to call the thing. its like a cement plateau..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to thank everyone for the feedback. The photographers worked to find a location. Bride did not want capitol and the Long center was having their second anniversary celebration. Austin was covered up with festivals!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards