Texas-Austin

HELP WITH CATERER!!!

ANYONE KNOW OR USING A CATERER AT A MODERATELY LOW COST THATS ALSO SERVING FOOD LIKE CHICKEN MASHED POTATOES GREEN BEANS THAT SORT OF THING JUST THAT ALLOT OF CATERERS I RUN INTO AND TALK TO ALL HAVE THEIR MENUS SUPER ELEGANT AND CANT EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE FOOD ACTUALLY IS LOL :) ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED ... LOOKING FOR A CATERER LOW KEY BUT NOTHING TOO CASUAL (I.E BBQ) THANKS AGAIN
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HELP WITH CATERER!!!

• edited December 2011
    Were the same way. Although were considering bbq also Central Market and Whole Foods had fair prices and a variety. Were considering both of those but have a while before we book.
  • myoung0892myoung0892 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.dagarscatering.com/

We were contemplating this place for our BBQ. I have heard very good reviews about them. I got to have their lasagna at a recent wedding and it was sooo good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We went with Pok-e-Jo's. They have a separate catering menu and they have BBQ or non-BBQ. We went with a mix and had grilled chicken with mango-pineapple salsa, turkey with rasbery-chipolte sauce, and then brisket with BBQ sauce. Everyone raved about the food. It was delicious and very reasonably priced. Their coordinator - Alexis was great to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Gisella-- welcome to the boards..

Normally typing in all caps is reserved when you are yelling at someone. :)

Next post, would you mind using lower case? Thanks!!
  • AlexhobbsAlexhobbs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My feind Katherine is one of the owners @ Dagars.... they are amazing! and you can rest assured that you are getting a very thoughtful and conscientious person to work with in Katherine!
  • geriknelsongeriknelson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also check into Carino's.  We are using them and it's turning out to be around $10.50/plate for Lemon Rosemary Chicken, Lasagna or Baked Cheese Torellini :) along with pasta and green beans.
  • Jessicanell09Jessicanell09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look up Werners Catering:  http://wernerscatering.com/

They have very decent prices and good food. We did a tasting with their BBQ menu and all of the trimmings and it was excellent.  They are also very easy to work with. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We used Culinary Delights and the service, price, and food was exceptional.  They have set menus, but were fine accomodating a menu that we requested completely custom. http://www.culinarydelightscatering.com/
  • edited December 2011
    ecstatic cuisine!!!!!! they are amazing!!They can do local, organic, vegan, vegitarian, sushi, BBQ, middle eastern, ... you name it and they will do it for you. plus they are so nice and can help you work to maximize your budget.
  • edited December 2011
    Interesting that you have only one post Nola... and it is for ecstatic cuisine. So When I look up that company.. how odd is it that a guy named Jesse runs it?! The last part of your screenname is jess! What a small world. We don't allow Vendors on here.. the brides are not too fond of it.
  • edited December 2011

Courtney's Catering and Capital Barbecue are sister companies with great food and they're pretty reasonable. I've had quite a few friends/family members use them for their events and the food has always been amazing. The coordinators are very sweet and helpful too! I'm using them for my wedding in March =] Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    P.S.. I'm not just using them because my name is Courtney, but that did initially draw me in haha
  • may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Southern's Fine Dining or Courtney's Catering. 

We used Pascal's who cooked essentially a beef dish, mashed potatoes and green beans.  Because the chef was French or Belgian, it was named Beef Bourginon, potatoes, and haricot vert.  His food was amazing !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards