Texas-Austin
Options

Engagement photos?

I'm sure there are SO many amazing places to take engagement photos in Austin. We are meeting with our photographer later this week. Any suggestions? Laughing
~Angie Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement photos?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Butler Park and the Long Center was where we took ours. Butler Park is very popular - we must have seen 2 or 3 other couples taking their pictures there. We also went down to the Capitol grounds and took a few there. 

We chose these locations because we're downtown dwellers so we wanted a good shot of us and the downtown Austin skyline. I'm also a native Austinite so I wanted to get some shots of us and the Capitol - it all felt very Texan! :)

My recommendation is to think of places that mean something to you or that fits y'all's personality. Do you like to go downtown a lot? or SoCo? Do you feel more comfortable taking pictures in a nature setting? I'm sure you'll discuss this with your photographer, but it can't hurt to ask yourself those kinds of questions before you meet with him/her. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, it should be something that's meaningful to you both as a couple. If you spend your weekends downtown, get some skyline shots or pose in front of your favorite restaurants. If you like to hike on the weekends, there are so many gorgeous preserves/green spaces in the Austin area! My fiance and I fall into the latter category so our photographers, AL Collective, found Brushy Creek for our shoot. We haven't gotten the pictures back yet (just took them last weekend), but I can tell you the pics of us laying in the tall brown grass turned out awesome and there were also so many bridges, rocks and greenery to pose with. We loved it there!

If all else fails, ask your photographer (like we did Smile). If they're good, they'll ask for some feedback on your interests then suggest a few places that fit your taste.

Good luck! And don't forget to show off those pics when you get them back!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I wanted something totally off the wall so I went to Mean Eyed Cat on 5th street and took over their bar for an hour. I LOVED some of the shots that my photographers got! Here's one of the sneak peaks from Savannah Leigh Photography.

I also went to Mayfield Park because that's where he proposed to me! It's gorgeous and we got a lot of really unique/really pretty shots! This was one of my faves from MW Portraits. It made me laugh...it was so hot I was going crazy lol

Hope you find what you're looking for! :)
    My Bio - From beginning to end, see how I planned my wedding on my Bio Website! "There will be a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards